Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to look for when buying a used railgun

I was trying to write something in rebuttal to Dusty's last post but couldn't find anything that was real now that 5 shot unlimited is being scheduled. If you don't have a railgun (a good one), just skip that segment of the nationals and you'll be OK....and several thousand bucks ahead.

I'm gonna go look for my railgun bolt right now. I might just think I have a railgun as it's only pile of aluminum without the bolt. Probably put the bolt "somewhere safe" !!

Found it! It wasn't somewhere safe at all!!
    Last edited by Wilbur; 10-30-2015 at 06:53 PM.

If you dont shoot nationals you may not even get to shoot it anymore unless its a 5shot weekend match.

Rail gun video

This guy came down to the recent unlimited match at Visalia and shot some video. I happened across it and here's a link to it. https://youtu.be/b4idDEwnLFQ.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by llboers View Post
    This guy came down to the recent unlimited match at Visalia and shot some video. I happened across it and here's a link to it. https://youtu.be/b4idDEwnLFQ.

Larry
    Thanks Larry!!!
    I got the bug to get one after helping the 1st day of the Sniper King.
    Matt

Tom Libby SW Director,

That is one of the things that living in the West (the other end of the earth for most shooters) My region of Arizona, Visalia CA, Sacramento CA, Utah have 19 shooting days of the rail gun all are a 5 shot (love small groups) we get to shoot most all the year just a few months are to hot.

I do not know about Washington but you have the Sniper King that you could wear out a barrel.

One thing about a rail is it can really help you learn to read the flags and watch the conditions as you do not have to worry about gun handling and going back to the point of aim.

Talk to Larry he can help you.

Good Luck
    Tom

If you do shoot either nationals with a rail gun, a good cart to put it on when you rotate benches is a must. A cart that is tall enough to be able to move the rail top and the rail base to the cart without having to bend over is a plus. Mickey Coleman made the one that I use. Everything breaks down to store fairly flat. Plywood top with angle iron welded into triangle shape with a half inch steel axle. Pretty large diameter spoked wheels with solid rubber tires so that you don't have a flat. Large enough to roll over rocks and large gravel on ranges. He used small diameter pipe for the handles and square tubing for legs to hold the cart up on one side. Don't have a photo and its in pieces in the basement of my RV where it stays from one nationals to the next. You don't want a cart that's low to the ground. They are killers on your back when you rotate benches.