Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: world benchrest TEAM competition

World Benchrest TEAM competition...

First,I want to congratulate all the participants and winners on your outstanding achievements.
    However,I noticed that 3 countries had 3 4man teams,3 countries had 2 4man teams,and 8 countries each had 1 4man team. Correct me if I'm wrong,but,it looks like that ONLY the countries with
    3 4man teams have the POSSIBILTY of taking the gold,silver,and bronze medals. Why is it this way? Eight of the 14 countries can only provide 1 4man team and 3 of the 14 can only provide 2 4man teams....this doesn't look like equal opportunity to me. Just an observation.....thank you.

Lawrence

What I mean by my comment that you quoted is:

You still set the 12 members of the team the year before and submit those names.

But

What team they will be on is not set till a month before. This way the year of the Worlds you get to see how the individual has done thru the year and set your final team members according to that.

Those people would still have everything in place to make the required trip. Just where they fit in is not set till a month before.

I do agree with Wayne that I feel it can work as an individual and as a team game. It is up to how you as a select member of the team are able to look at it. If you cannot check your ego at the door and be a TRUE part of the team I feel qualifying for the team is not for you.

I hate to say it but I will. There were issues with the Canadian team as well. So like many have mentioned it was not just the US with issues. Many will learn from this. We must learn from this.

It works like this..

Good question GP. Under WBSF rules each member country may send up to (3) 4-man teams to a World Championship.

I did not make the team, but the team made me feel like a member. I stayed and took pictures. What I saw was a team USA. The two major mistakes were just that, mistakes. When a team member was cross firing one team member and many others were screaming, they could not get him stopped but tried. When an other team member fired a late shot there was nothing anyone could do, he started with 15 seconds left, I was present for that late fire but not the cross but heard about the screaming right afterwards. I know a team member loaned another team member a gun, brass and bullets to help the team, they won the gold two gun. I only know what I witnessed, but I saw team USA!
    Bill Greene

Quote Originally Posted by r44astro View Post
    I did not make the team, but the team made me feel like a member. I stayed and took pictures. What I saw was a team USA. The two major mistakes were just that, mistakes. When a team member was cross firing one team member and many others were screaming, they could not get him stopped but tried. When an other team member fired a late shot there was nothing anyone could do, he started with 15 seconds left, I was present for that late fire but not the cross but heard about the screaming right afterwards. I know a team member loaned another team member a gun, brass and bullets to help the team, they won the gold two gun. I only know what I witnessed, but I saw team USA!
    Bill Greene
    The NBRSA is an organization run by rules. Everybody should know the rules. Tournament Officials in particular.

But obviously some rules count more than others.

Go to the rule book, section D, item 2 under Tournament Rules.

If what you say happennd, then that rule might as well be taken out of the book, because if it is that that easilly ignored, then it is useless.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 10-04-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Jackie

Could you please elaborate as to what you are getting at. I am lost with you referring to the above rule in the book?????

This was at the WBSF World Shoot. The NBRSA rule book has nothing to do with this shoot. The have there own rule book which is followed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    The NBRSA is an organization run by rules. Everybody should know the rules. Tournament Officials in particular.

If what you say happennd, then that rule might as well be taken out of the book, because if it is that that easilly ignored, then it is useless.
    I am confused.
    D. TOURNAMENT RULES.
    (1.)
    TOURNAMENTS
    shall be of 2 general classes:
    Registered, and Unregistered. Only Registered Tournaments
    shall be recognized for record purposes. All tournaments shall
    consist of Any Sight matches
    with no coaching permitted.
    (2.)
    REGISTERED TOURNAMENTS
    may be held only by
    Clubs affiliated with NBRSA, which are in good standing and
    which have the facilities and equipment required to conduct a
    shoot under the procedures required by the Association.
    Registered Tournaments may be held only on dates approved
    by the Director of the Region having jurisdiction of the Club.

What am I missing?
    Bill Greene
    regardless: don't shoot the messenger

i'm not sure what Jackie is getting at here either, but here is what he has referenced above. he may have meant item 1.

D. TOURNAMENT RULES.
    (1.) TOURNAMENTS shall be of 2 general classes:
    Registered, and Unregistered. Only Registered Tournaments shall be recognized for record purposes. All tournaments shall consist of Any Sight matches with no coaching permitted.
    (2.) REGISTERED TOURNAMENTS may be held only by Clubs affiliated with NBRSA, which are in good standing and
    which have the facilities and equipment required to conduct a shoot under the procedures required by the Association. Registered Tournaments may be held only on dates approved by the Director of the Region having jurisdiction of the Club.

sorry Bill, i was just a little late.

i don't think anyone has an issue with the rules that were enforced at the match. i think the issue that was at the core of the original post was the guy that chose not to shoot his final target after hearing another guy on his team shot late.

I guess I just do not know about that. My understanding as to the rules, they are similar to NBRSA. This was a world match/tournament. I think it is unfair to rag on Team USA. Make the the team and then complain.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by CYanchycki View Post
    Could you please elaborate as to what you are getting at. I am lost with you referring to the above rule in the book?????

This was at the WBSF World Shoot. The NBRSA rule book has nothing to do with this shoot. The have there own rule book which is followed.
    http://nbrsa.org/sites/default/files...yLawsV38_0.pdf

Scroll to section D, Tournament rules, item 2.

This rule does not specifically define what constitutes "coaching" a shooter at the line.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 10-04-2015 at 11:05 PM.

http://nbrsa.org/sites/default/files...yLawsV38_0.pdf

Scroll to section D, Tournament rules, item 2.

This rule does not specifically define what constitutes "coaching" a shooter at the line.
    My understanding is WBC rules similar, different rule book I was told. They had a meeting and discussed the rules, I did not attend. From all I have heard no rules were broken. other than the obvious.
    I still contend make the team then complain..
    Bill Greene
    on my way to RiverBend!@!!!!

I think what Jackie was getting at is "with no coaching permitted"

WBC is not run under NBRSA rules it is run under WBSF rules, which can be downloaded here

http://www.world-benchrest.com/node/1

Ian

Ian, everybody has my apologies. I was reading the NBRSA Rules, and have now scanned the link you furnished, and unless it is stuck in the middle of a paragraph that I am just not seeing, The WBC does not seem to have a specific rule concerning "coaching" shooters who are at the Bench, under the command of "commence fire".