Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Superior Action Rifle, Dryden NY

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    Hey gunnut13, if I send some photos via email...(I'd need it) can you post for me?
    Parker,

Send them along and I'll post em'.

Justin

Photos on the way...

Photos on the way...
    I guess the photos never made it. I now have #7 AND #5. And I am working on another.

I did catch a mistake in a post I made to Kayak. He said his was 243. I said it was likely once a 222 or similar. Im a dummy. Clearly he has a large BF rifle. Of course it is a 308 variation.

I hope to get all three photoe'd and then in Spring do a write up for Accurate shooter. I will post similar photos here when I get that in AS.

If I am able to get the third one (an original in 6x47) I will have PPC, 6x47 and I think the 6x50 will be a 20/222. Gotta be different, ya know?

I am still documenting, so if anyone knows anybody...or has one of these, let me know.

I guess the photos never made it. I now have #7 AND #5. And I am working on another.

I did catch a mistake in a post I made to Kayak. He said his was 243. I said it was likely once a 222 or similar. Im a dummy. Clearly he has a large BF rifle. Of course it is a 308 variation.

I hope to get all three photoe'd and then in Spring do a write up for Accurate shooter. I will post similar photos here when I get that in AS.

If I am able to get the third one (an original in 6x47) I will have PPC, 6x47 and I think the 6x50 will be a 20/222. Gotta be different, ya know?

I am still documenting, so if anyone knows anybody...or has one of these, let me know.
    Parker,

Mea culpa...

Looking on the post dates from our last exchange, I was moving into a new house at the time, and completely brain farted on the picture posting.

Send those pics again if you got em'.

Justin

Gents,

Posting these for Snert...he'll supply the narrative.

Justin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003-1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	24139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201110_180246044.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	24140  

Yellow Rifle is likely a 1961, Superior. It is Old Yellar 3rd, Fred's third yellow rifle and the dog was painted by Becky. It was Fred Sinclair's personal rifle and he built it as it appears (yes, a basically brand new Hart with Sinclair stamped on it) in about 1980. It is a 22PPC as it sits. It is probably the only one ever converted to PPC bolt face.

The red one is two lower in the serial number. It is set up as a HV, with removable weight in the stock, circa 1980, but the barrel is unk manufacture, likely a set back because it is barely 19 inches, in 6x50. I am still researching this one. It is a glue in.