Thread: 40x/custom action stock interchangability

40x/custom action stock interchangability

If I buy a BR stock for my 40xb and get a custom 22 action down the road, which would fit?

Apparently the stiller lonestar would, anything else?

It seems like some actions have a square tang, but if that were the only difference, it probably wouldn't be too difficult a modification?

Most likely I would be bedding then re-bedding if necessary. Please no "just buy a used rig". I'm aware of that option, haven't ruled it out (in the long term, anyway), and would still like to know about stock interchangeability

Thanks,
    Joe

Any 40X clone action should work with a re-bed job. The tang screw holes will be in the same place. Any other action it would be a crap shoot. Measure carefully before you commit. You may or may not like the final results. bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob finger View Post
    Any 40X clone action should work with a re-bed job. The tang screw holes will be in the same place. Any other action it would be a crap shoot. Measure carefully before you commit. You may or may not like the final results. bob
    So what I guess I'm asking is, which (if any) of the popular/competitive custom actions are 40x clones, at least as far as the exterior dimensions are concerned?

Hall, Falcon,Turbo,10XIII, Swindlehurst have same diameter as the 40X. Action screw spacing, overall length and tang shape all vary

We have a Lonestar that fits our 40x stock. Believe the Copperhead's also based on the 40x

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know