Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: We Haven't Had A Good Car Thread In A While...........My '67 Chevelle

what is that you are riding?

It looks like a 350 Yamaha twin, but its been years since I threw a leg over one.

Yep, RD350 Yamaha .
    That was the biggest class in club racing .

Start of the season

It's the time of year when shooters are looking forward to tournaments and racers are itching to get out for another season. A pal of mine did this 'enhanced' image of my car late last season.

Best of luck to everyone in your 2018 Benchrest season. -Al

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    It's the time of year when shooters are looking forward to tournaments and racers are itching to get out for another season. A pal of mine did this 'enhanced' image of my car late last season.

Best of luck to everyone in your 2018 Benchrest season. -Al

I love enhanced images of cars, I think Pat Kavanagh pioneered the technique

We had our first Stock/Super Stock race last weekend. More off season tweaks have picked up the performance a bit. One of the highlights was this second round match up. It was 'heads up', meaning both cars have the same index...first one there gets the win light. 'The Little Nova That Could' came out the winner against the swoopy Corvette.

Jackie....you driving the Chevelle? -Al

We had our first Stock/Super Stock race last weekend. More off season tweaks have picked up the performance a bit. One of the highlights was this second round match up. It was 'heads up', meaning both cars have the same index...first one there gets the win light. 'The Little Nova That Could' came out the winner against the swoopy Corvette.

Jackie....you driving the Chevelle? -Al

Yep. When it ain't raining.

Have you updated much on your Nova? There's always a few more tricks to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Yep. When it ain't raining.

Have you updated much on your Nova? There's always a few more tricks to learn.
    Jackie, I went to the dyno testing different oils and fuels. I'm really lucky to have a long time pal who has an in-house dyno as part of his race operation. NHRA has a list of accepted fuel for Stock Eliminator, so we have to work with those fuels. Ended up 'finding' 11 horse power in fuel and oil. Also moved some weight around on the car so it's better balanced and worked on some areas where parasitic drag naturally occurs....brakes, etc.

Like the rifles, you just keep chippin' away, right?

Al, I went back and read this entire thread. It's amazing it was 6 years ago, and everything we have done in that time. Not to mention we are all 6 years older.

What I would give to be 66 again

wheels

Al, Jackie, Dave,...thank you. My garage has changed a little bit. Gone are the 2 seaters. Being a little older now I decided a milder ride was in order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone 188.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	22372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fairmont6.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	22373  

Quote Originally Posted by David Apple View Post
    Al, Jackie, Dave,...thank you. My garage has changed a little bit. Gone are the 2 seaters. Being a little older now I decided a milder ride was in order.
    David, that wagon is 'way cool. -Al

David, that wagon is 'way cool. -Al
    Yeah, it's a trip Al. Dart Sportmans block, AFR heads, MSD fuel injection, tubular front suspension, 4 link with 3:55/8.8 locker in rear. It has embarrassed many drivers. 2800# wet.
    Do the math.....hahahaha

Yeah, it's a trip Al. Dart Sportmans block, AFR heads, MSD fuel injection, tubular front suspension, 4 link with 3:55/8.8 locker in rear. It has embarrassed many drivers. 2800# wet.
    Do the math.....hahahaha
    Don't just leave it at that, David. Small block? Big block? Displacement? Cam?

Wagons are super cool. 2800 pounds? Good grief, my Malibu goes 3650 wet.

Jackie,
    It is nothing special. The motor came out of a friends Cobra. 351 Dart Sportsman small block 9.5 deck with AFR 185 heads, MSD fuel injection, mild cam & BBK shorty headers. I just finished a stainless steel exhaust and MAN is it loud. UPR tubular K member, Koni street shocks and struts, coil overs up front with caster camber plates and a huge anti-sway bar in the rear. Initially the car would have traction issues and I did not want noticeable traction bars so I tried the horizontal shock setup and it worked. Hooks hard and straight. Disc brakes on all corners. Also has a 'fast' steering box for autocross so it is like a go cart. Looking to transplant a Shafiroff 427/630 SBF in the very near future. Need to up my game on the ice cream parlor circuit.
    Cruise on,
    David A.

Dream on....

https://youtu.be/A3cHREXcsf0

Do the math.....hahahaha
    My 55 2dr post weighed more than that....how did you do it?

Mort

Jackie,
    It is nothing special. The motor came out of a friends Cobra. 351 Dart Sportsman small block 9.5 deck with AFR 185 heads, MSD fuel injection, mild cam & BBK shorty headers. I just finished a stainless steel exhaust and MAN is it loud. UPR tubular K member, Koni street shocks and struts, coil overs up front with caster camber plates and a huge anti-sway bar in the rear. Initially the car would have traction issues and I did not want noticeable traction bars so I tried the horizontal shock setup and it worked. Hooks hard and straight. Disc brakes on all corners. Also has a 'fast' steering box for autocross so it is like a go cart. Looking to transplant a Shafiroff 427/630 SBF in the very near future. Need to up my game on the ice cream parlor circuit.
    Cruise on,
    David A.

Dream on....

https://youtu.be/A3cHREXcsf0
    That's getting with it.