Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 447

Thread: We Haven't Had A Good Car Thread In A While...........My '67 Chevelle

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    332

    what is that you are riding?

    It looks like a 350 Yamaha twin, but its been years since I threw a leg over one.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    5
    Yep, RD350 Yamaha .
    That was the biggest class in club racing .

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lower Dakota Territory
    Posts
    1,725

    Start of the season

    It's the time of year when shooters are looking forward to tournaments and racers are itching to get out for another season. A pal of mine did this 'enhanced' image of my car late last season.

    Best of luck to everyone in your 2018 Benchrest season. -Al


  4. #244
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    It's the time of year when shooters are looking forward to tournaments and racers are itching to get out for another season. A pal of mine did this 'enhanced' image of my car late last season.

    Best of luck to everyone in your 2018 Benchrest season. -Al

    I love enhanced images of cars, I think Pat Kavanagh pioneered the technique

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lower Dakota Territory
    Posts
    1,725
    We had our first Stock/Super Stock race last weekend. More off season tweaks have picked up the performance a bit. One of the highlights was this second round match up. It was 'heads up', meaning both cars have the same index...first one there gets the win light. 'The Little Nova That Could' came out the winner against the swoopy Corvette.

    Jackie....you driving the Chevelle? -Al


  6. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    We had our first Stock/Super Stock race last weekend. More off season tweaks have picked up the performance a bit. One of the highlights was this second round match up. It was 'heads up', meaning both cars have the same index...first one there gets the win light. 'The Little Nova That Could' came out the winner against the swoopy Corvette.

    Jackie....you driving the Chevelle? -Al

    Yep. When it ain't raining.

    Have you updated much on your Nova? There's always a few more tricks to learn.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lower Dakota Territory
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Yep. When it ain't raining.

    Have you updated much on your Nova? There's always a few more tricks to learn.
    Jackie, I went to the dyno testing different oils and fuels. I'm really lucky to have a long time pal who has an in-house dyno as part of his race operation. NHRA has a list of accepted fuel for Stock Eliminator, so we have to work with those fuels. Ended up 'finding' 11 horse power in fuel and oil. Also moved some weight around on the car so it's better balanced and worked on some areas where parasitic drag naturally occurs....brakes, etc.

    Like the rifles, you just keep chippin' away, right?




  8. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,442
    Al, I went back and read this entire thread. It's amazing it was 6 years ago, and everything we have done in that time. Not to mention we are all 6 years older.

    What I would give to be 66 again

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Free State
    Posts
    249

    wheels

    Al, Jackie, Dave,...thank you. My garage has changed a little bit. Gone are the 2 seaters. Being a little older now I decided a milder ride was in order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone 188.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	22372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fairmont6.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	22373  

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lower Dakota Territory
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by David Apple View Post
    Al, Jackie, Dave,...thank you. My garage has changed a little bit. Gone are the 2 seaters. Being a little older now I decided a milder ride was in order.
    David, that wagon is 'way cool. -Al

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Free State
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    David, that wagon is 'way cool. -Al
    Yeah, it's a trip Al. Dart Sportmans block, AFR heads, MSD fuel injection, tubular front suspension, 4 link with 3:55/8.8 locker in rear. It has embarrassed many drivers. 2800# wet.
    Do the math.....hahahaha

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,442
    Quote Originally Posted by David Apple View Post
    Yeah, it's a trip Al. Dart Sportmans block, AFR heads, MSD fuel injection, tubular front suspension, 4 link with 3:55/8.8 locker in rear. It has embarrassed many drivers. 2800# wet.
    Do the math.....hahahaha
    Don't just leave it at that, David. Small block? Big block? Displacement? Cam?

    Wagons are super cool. 2800 pounds? Good grief, my Malibu goes 3650 wet.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Free State
    Posts
    249
    Jackie,
    It is nothing special. The motor came out of a friends Cobra. 351 Dart Sportsman small block 9.5 deck with AFR 185 heads, MSD fuel injection, mild cam & BBK shorty headers. I just finished a stainless steel exhaust and MAN is it loud. UPR tubular K member, Koni street shocks and struts, coil overs up front with caster camber plates and a huge anti-sway bar in the rear. Initially the car would have traction issues and I did not want noticeable traction bars so I tried the horizontal shock setup and it worked. Hooks hard and straight. Disc brakes on all corners. Also has a 'fast' steering box for autocross so it is like a go cart. Looking to transplant a Shafiroff 427/630 SBF in the very near future. Need to up my game on the ice cream parlor circuit.
    Cruise on,
    David A.


    Dream on....

    https://youtu.be/A3cHREXcsf0

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Nampa Idaho
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by David Apple View Post
    Yeah, it's a trip Al. Dart Sportmans block, AFR heads, MSD fuel injection, tubular front suspension, 4 link with 3:55/8.8 locker in rear. It has embarrassed many drivers. 2800# wet.
    Do the math.....hahahaha
    My 55 2dr post weighed more than that....how did you do it?

    Mort

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Down By the Cedar River
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by David Apple View Post
    Jackie,
    It is nothing special. The motor came out of a friends Cobra. 351 Dart Sportsman small block 9.5 deck with AFR 185 heads, MSD fuel injection, mild cam & BBK shorty headers. I just finished a stainless steel exhaust and MAN is it loud. UPR tubular K member, Koni street shocks and struts, coil overs up front with caster camber plates and a huge anti-sway bar in the rear. Initially the car would have traction issues and I did not want noticeable traction bars so I tried the horizontal shock setup and it worked. Hooks hard and straight. Disc brakes on all corners. Also has a 'fast' steering box for autocross so it is like a go cart. Looking to transplant a Shafiroff 427/630 SBF in the very near future. Need to up my game on the ice cream parlor circuit.
    Cruise on,
    David A.


    Dream on....

    https://youtu.be/A3cHREXcsf0
    That's getting with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •