Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Feel, and Look Like I went One Round With George Foreman

I Feel, and Look Like I went One Round With George Foreman

I mentioned in another thread that I was going to Clear Choice, have all of my teeth removed, titanium inserts installed, and new teeth installed on these. I sat in that chair for 7 hours.

It has been three days now, and while I am not ready to step back in the ring just yet, what is staring back at me in the mirror is starting to resemble a live human being.

My wife says the temporary teeth look great. I suppose I have another week before the swelling goes down and I can forgo the ice packs.

This was a quality of life issue with me. I had about 8 crowns on existing teeth. Over the years, the teeth beneath the crowns were starting to deteriorate. That leads to all sorts of problems.

I did not want Dentures. Those are for old people.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 06-13-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Lately there have been comments that seem to be age discriminatory. And now even mild mannered Jackie says dentures and old people in the same sentence. It’s enough to force me to make some signs and march.
    Keep us posted, Jackie, as this sounds like an alternative to the “old” way of doing things. And if I ever get as old as you, I may need to take the same path as you.

Good choice Jackie. Had it done three years ago. Very expensive. No matter how old you get, you never have to remember where you left your Dentures. When you finally get the permanents,remember to put on the protectors before you go to bed.

Glenn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D986277-ED14-4BB2-9D36-003636389120.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	23665.
    Something like this?

Absolutely fantastic Jackie!!

Good On Ya...... May the sun smile on ye, and ye smile back

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    And if I ever get as old as you, I may need to take the same path as you.

Hope you feel better.
    Last edited by Wayne Shaw; 06-13-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Shaw View Post
    Hope you feel better.
    Well Wayne, the discomfort will pass. I try to avoid the pain pills, they make me feel like cr-p. Advil seems to work ok.

I’m on a liquid diet for two weeks. I am fortunate that I love chicken noodle soup. Here is my supper tonight. Liquified chicken noodle soup (Blender) from Chick-Fil-E.

Yummy

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1592087334
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49802A30-052A-4C4A-9974-787B8C56A2F1.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	23666  
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 06-13-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Implants

If anybody is interested in having this procedure done, I'll share my experience.

All uppers and half of the lowers, all at one time.

I received local anesthesia and moderate sedation. You are instructed to bring somebody with you, to drive you home,after the surgery. My Wife volunteered.

During the tooth extractions, there’s not much discomfort. they drill holes in your Jaw bone where they implant metal receptors to which your new teeth are screwed into. I heard and felt the drilling. Again, not much discomfort. You will get a detailed explanation of the procedure and the risks.They show you pictures of the procedures before you sign the waiver.

You receive ,what they call, a set of transitional teeth at the time of surgery. After the transplants are fully anchored, you get a definitive set of teeth.

The pain comes after the surgery. About five days for me. lots of swelling and naturally, some bleeding. The pain medication was my salvation. I asked for refills.

While you’re healing,You’re on a, post operative, soft food diet to prevent discomfort and damage to the dental work.

Follow the Doctors advice and you should be fine. You might even get a picture of your new smile in a Clear Choice Ad.

Glenn

I've had 4 or 5 root canal jobs the last few years. Probably a few more yet to come. Best thing was that after the anesthesia wore off I never knew I had any of them done.
    Last edited by antelopedundee; 06-16-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Yikes! I have been having implants done one tooth at a time. By the time I get to need dentures I won't have many originals left.

What was the total cost Jackie?

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post

I mentioned in another thread that I was going to Clear Choice, have all of my teeth removed, titanium inserts installed, and new teeth installed on these. I sat in that chair for 7 hours.

It has been three days now, and while I am not ready to step back in the ring just yet, what is staring back at me in the mirror is starting to resemble a live human being.

My wife says the temporary teeth look great. I suppose I have another week before the swelling goes down and I can forgo the ice packs.

This was a quality of life issue with me. I had about 8 crowns on existing teeth. Over the years, the teeth beneath the crowns were starting to deteriorate. That leads to all sorts of problems.

I did not want Dentures. Those are for old people.
    What did all this cost? Can the common man afford it?

Quote Originally Posted by Engrbill View Post
    ....................Can the common man afford it?
    LOL!!!

no pressure Jackie

I was told, when all said and done, in excess of 25K. My budget can't handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    I was told, when all said and done, in excess of 25K. My budget can't handle that.
    That's probably the only way I could qualify for itemized deductions on my taxes and that's not assured.