Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll tide!!!

Roll tide!!!

Hey Wilbur, I hope you watched.

Mark K

I bet Joe Namath wanted to kiss Nick Saban after that game. Regardless of the latter's success, he's still a lying SOB. A great coach, but a damned liar.

Really? The football team believes him. Wilbur, when did you change your name to Bill Ohio?

I'll bet he watched

Quote Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
    Hey Wilbur, I hope you watched.

Mark K
    Unless there was something very pressing. I"m sure that he was(probally still is) a big Alabama fan years ago. Especially when they were playing Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Dailey View Post
    Unless there was something very pressing. I"m sure that he was(probally still is) a big Alabama fan years ago. Especially when they were playing Tennessee.
    I'm an Alabama fan. On any Saturday, you'll find me rootin' for Alabama and whoever is playing Tennessee.

I did lose a fridge pack of cokes ("dopes" as they used to call them in Alabama) on the game. I thought it would be a nail biter and took the points. Won half those back on other bets but still at a deficit. If it had been an 8 point game I'd be all set.

I particularly enjoyed the post game comments ......

Roll Tide

Maybe the University of Louisville should have played Alabama for the championship.

Even as a "Yankee" I like Alabama and they are definitely in a league of their own. Notre Dame got "educated" and the post-game comments about having to go up to the next level is a lot different than what they were saying for weeks before the game. Don't know the Tide "believe" Saban, but they sure do "believe in him".

Quote Originally Posted by ReedG View Post
    Even as a "Yankee" I like Alabama.
    Reed, you strike me as a real gentleman. I remember tent camping on Lake Champlain, and driving through Vermont -- making a special effort to go by Larry Benoit's house.

Hi Hunter:

Thanks for the kind words but they probably put you in a small minority. I've met Larry at a few gun shows and he certainly is an interesting guy. My home is in what is called the "Northeast Kingdom" here in VT, about 80 miles from Lake Champlain on the NH side of the state and 35 miles from the Canadian border. If you ever get back up this way, would love to at least have a coffee with you.

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ohio View Post
    A great coach, but a damned liar.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...pat&id=2718798

Wilbur,
    I bet against Alabama once in 1969 when we played Ol Miss and they had Archie Manning as their QB. That was a mistake because we beat them 33-32 and Archie threw for 436 yds and ran for 104 yds.for 540 total yds. This was an SEC record until 9-29-12 when Texas A&M's Johnny Football had 553 yds against Arkansas.
    Roll Tide,
    Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 01-12-2013 at 10:18 AM.

I did well through the first post in this thread, but I got lost after the word liar showed up. Then I read an article from 6 years ago! What does 'liar' and the 6 year old article have to do with the Alabama and Notre Dame football game?

Good thing they didn't play the Aggies again.

Quote Originally Posted by rcheek View Post
    I did well through the first post in this thread, but I got lost after the word liar showed up. Then I read an article from 6 years ago! What does 'liar' and the 6 year old article have to do with the Alabama and Notre Dame football game?
    It has to do with character, for some of us. Nick Saban is a great coach and a damned liar. Alabama fans probably don't care about the latter. Barry Bonds was a great baseball player and a jerk and a steroid user. Some SF Giants fans couldn't care less about anything except his baseball exploits.

For some of us, such athletic exploits are tainted by the character (or lack thereof) of the participants. Roll Tide, or roll over, or roll your eyes. It's your choice.

Bill, you just don't get it, do you? Butch, do you realize that the Aggies only lost two games this season and those losses were by a total of 8 points?