does anybody know what
    freebore?
    max case lenght?

http://www.bordenrifles.com/

Give him a call and ask him!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Harren View Post

Call Pacific Tool & Gauge, 541-826-5808, and ask if Jim Bordon had a reamer, of that particular caliber, manufactured there. If he did, ask that a copy of the reamer specs be emailed to you. Usually, you can get one within 10 to 15 minutes of the call. The reamer specs will have everything you need and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Harren View Post

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by abintx View Post
    Call Pacific Tool & Gauge, 541-826-5808, and ask if Jim Bordon had a reamer, of that particular caliber, manufactured there. If he did, ask that a copy of the reamer specs be emailed to you. Usually, you can get one within 10 to 15 minutes of the call. The reamer specs will have everything you need and more.
    Whether or not Jim Borden elects to share his thinking on these dimensions with the world is his business. Unless he has specifically told his reamer grinder to release the information, they shouldn't.

If you want to know, I'd suggest you call Jim Borden and (1) ask permission, (2) tell him you understand if he doesn't want to share the information, and (3) either way, thank him. Shouldn't have to say that & don't mean to give offense, but there seem to be people on BR Central who've never heard of intellectual property rights.

Ya, this is real top secret stuff, dont you know!! Good grief!!!!! Lee

Charles has a point.

Some folks are very willing to share all types of information for the benefit of all, and the sport. Others, may keep info close to the vest, as a way of preventing, as they see it, the relinquishment of a firing line competitive advantage.

You'll spot the sport's boosters by how much they share. Here's an example of the Speedy-Boyer #3 specs being released to the world: http://www.accurateshooter.com/cartridge-guides/6mmppc/

Note: PT&G and at least one other, that I know of, will tell you upfront, whether or not they can release the specs.

you will need to call Jim and talk to him. I know he has a few different chambers.
    when he chambered my barrel, he gave me detailed information on chamber spec's and even load data as to what they had found to be shooting the best.
    what more could you ask for.

There advertised for sale on JGS web site as Borden 22ppc and Borden 6ppc reamers. There not top secret for pete sakes. What are you supposed to do, buy the reamer but not know what it is!!!! I have Jims 22ppc reamer and its fantastic. Its designed so that you can do a full lenght 22ppc or go as short as .125 without having die issues. Oh wait was i supposed to say that. But yes, call Jim he is great to talk with. Lee

I have a JGS Borden 6PPC reamer. The freebore is less than the standard 1045 reamer. Don

Quote Originally Posted by skeetlee View Post
    Ya, this is real top secret stuff, dont you know!! Good grief!!!!! Lee
    You've still got a lot to learn, Lee.

It would take a seance, but ask Gibbs about the dimensions for any of his cases.

Call up Dave Tooley & ask for the specifications of the .30 BooBoo.

Remember the Rick Jameson patent? Winchester is still paying royalaties on the .300WSM -- unless they made a lump sum settlement --

It's called intellectual property.

Now for all I know, Jim may want to share & publish everything he knows. Even freely, on the internet. I'd doubt it -- I wouldn't, if it were me & I was making a living in the business -- but who knows.

Point is, it's his decision, not yours.

Since they are advertised id say its ok. wouldnt you.
    As far as mr tooley goes no one asked about a 30 30 bo bo. Your always bringing something other than the topic to the post.
    Last edited by skeetlee; 01-07-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Since they are advertised id say its ok. wouldnt you.
    As far as mr tooley goes no one asked about a 30 30 bo bo. Your always bringing something other than the topic to the post.
    Only if the advertising includes a print of the reamer.

Lee, there are a lot of reamers you can order from PTG that you will not get a print with because the cartridge is proprietary. I have a couple that I had to go to the designer to get a print for that reason.

James

Their called EXAMPLES Mr. Lee. Gibbs was a second one. Some people want facts, not just theory. Examples are a form of fact.

(And it's Boo-Boo. As you would find in Jellowstone Park. Now this is an example of "other than the topic": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boo-Boo_Bear)