Thread: Does anyone recognize this rifle

Does anyone recognize this rifle

I bought this rifle in July of 2010. Vickers Empire I am just wondering if anyone has any idea who made this stock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vickers.jpg 
Views:	882 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	13219

I'd guess it's a one off. It really does'nt look like any of the past or present BR patterns unless somebody really chopped a lot off behind the tang.

I am pretty sure you are right. It is a one off. I had just hoped someone would have seen it before or recognized the style. I am considering selling it and was hoping to have a bit more info for a perspective buyer.

Of course you can't tell a lot from a small image but somebody probably made it for some club level shooting. Although appearing to be a sporter, the stock does not appear to be legal for any sanctioned shoots I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Of course you can't tell a lot from a small image but somebody probably made it for some club level shooting. Although appearing to be a sporter, the stock does not appear to be legal for any sanctioned shoots I'm aware of.
    I do not understand why you would say it is not legal for a sanctioned shoot. It meets the requirements for unlimited under ARA rules and 13.5 and 10.5 classes for 50/50 .
    Last edited by lochson; 11-25-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Because when you first look at it the dark object behind it appears to be a magazine coming out the bottom so I figured somebody was going for a sporter type rig.....my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Because when you first look at it the dark object behind it appears to be a magazine coming out the bottom so I figured somebody was going for a sporter type rig.....my bad.
    I can see that. No blood, no foul.