Thread: Swaging die mfg?

Swaging die mfg?

Anyone got any idea about who made this set of dies?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iPUfBQFfqLzrOg~~60_58.jpg 
Views:	1174 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	12924

Regards,
    Peter

What caliber are they for (224 perhaps), they look like Biehler (or B&A) from the 40s, 50s and perhaps the 60s. Maybe there is a B&A stamped on them, he was out of Rochester,NY. I believe he teamed up with Astles in the 50s. They sure look like B&A dies. Maybe someone else can remember a little better.

Peter--I don't know if they are B&A, but some of the best benchrest shooters of the day (50s) made their bullets with B&A dies. The Tony Boyer of that time (Sam Clark) I believe used them, I passed up deals on B&A dies several times, I have only seen them in 224 caliber, there may be others I'm not sure, but the 219 Donaldson Wasp ruled until the mid 50s. I used to shoot off-hand at a half stick of dynamite @ 135 yards in the late 50s for hams and turkeys against a couple of guys that had Wasps and of course the then new 222. I used a 243 Winchester Model 70 with a Weaver K10 and thought I had the world by the ass.

Peter, they look like B&A dies.

Here's a photo of B&A dies from their catalog for comparison. Hope this helps. -Al

They look like B&A dies for sure!

Anyone got any idea what the three threaded pieces in the lower right section is? Bought the dies of ebay, and the seller doesn´t really know what he has sold and I´m not 100% sure about what their use is.

I'll hazard a guess that they're jacket sizing dies that were needed 'back in the day'?????? -Al

Quote Originally Posted by P.Ericson View Post
    Anyone got any idea about who made this set of dies?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iPUfBQFfqLzrOg~~60_58.jpg 
Views:	1174 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	12924

Regards,
    Peter
    Corbin possibly?

They are B&A sets . I have a few myself. you also have extra dies . The dies screw out of the die bodys.
    You could have several different calibers of actual dies and one set of die bodys.

I thought it was extra dies... Look like one extra core seater and two extra point dies.

I have already bought it, but what do you guys recon would be a fair price?

That all depends on condition. They are tool steel and wear dfferently then Carbide dies.
    They may be fine If they are worn a large pressure ring will be developed.
    ask for a few sample bullets to measure. A fair price is about 350 to 500 for a decent set depending on condition.
    More then likely they are a 6 ojive. That was very popular .