Thread: Brian Voelker?

Brian Voelker?

Hello all! I am a new member here but have visited the forum several times over the years. I am looking for contact info for Mr. Voelker. I have a Rem 541-T purchased new ~1980 in pristine condition,,,exept for the trigger housing and trigger hanger. The hanger was sheered from the bottom of the action and the housing broken in half at the attachment point when I dropped the rifle while cleaning it ~20 yrs ago. I phoned Brian ~10 yrs ago to inquire about options for repairing the rifle (not benchrest grade but very accurate nonetheless). I recall that he was a very knowledgeable and pleasant man. I am living in the Quad Cities now..close to Ryan, IA which is the last address I have for him. He may be retired now for all I know but if is still in business I would appreciate a phone # or mailing address. If he is retired, names and contact info for other Remington gunsmiths who would be willing to do this work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Found this on another forum;

BRIAN VOELKER GUNSMITH

Address: 2878 170TH AVE RYAN, IA 52330 USA
    Voice: 1-319-932-2570 Fax:

Brian Volkers Info

Quote Originally Posted by markellis View Post
    Hello all! I am a new member here but have visited the forum several times over the years. I am looking for contact info for Mr. Voelker. I have a Rem 541-T purchased new ~1980 in pristine condition,,,exept for the trigger housing and trigger hanger. The hanger was sheered from the bottom of the action and the housing broken in half at the attachment point when I dropped the rifle while cleaning it ~20 yrs ago. I phoned Brian ~10 yrs ago to inquire about options for repairing the rifle (not benchrest grade but very accurate nonetheless). I recall that he was a very knowledgeable and pleasant man. I am living in the Quad Cities now..close to Ryan, IA which is the last address I have for him. He may be retired now for all I know but if is still in business I would appreciate a phone # or mailing address. If he is retired, names and contact info for other Remington gunsmiths who would be willing to do this work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Try
    Brian Volkers
    2878 170th Ave
    Ryan Iowa 52330
    563-932-2570

He usually comes to the ARA matches her in Blue Grass Iowa the 3rd Saturday each month
    Maybe catch up with him there

Cecil Peterson--Davenport, Iowa

Thank you, Gentlemen!