Thread: Rain cover for rifle and rest

Rain cover for rifle and rest

I have shot in a couple matches lately where I really wish I had one of those covers for my rifle and rest. I thought Sinclair sold them but I can't seem to find them on their site.
    So, Where can I find these covers?

Thanx, Matt Guthrie

Get hold of Gammon. He makes the best. He can tell you where to buy one. You want the deepest (tallest) one he makes. I think it is 8" but I may be wrong. I shoot tall rings and mine does real well at covering both the rifle and the bags.

Matt.
    email Steve Theye at Benchrite.
    http://benchrite.com/Home.html
    Steve is handling Bill Gammon products. Steve could bring it to Holton for Labor day weekend.

Matt,
    I kinda like your big yellow towel
    You could try one of those 9'x12' plastic tarps, keeps everything dry , no matter what. A little stuffy in there if you have a long walk to the line. Poke a couple of eye holes in the tarp and a "breather" vent for fresh air. Last time I used mine I dropped 10 lbs of body weight in one afternoon !
    Joel

I use a rain coat...it works for me, and has yet to cause fog that wasn't gone when it had to be.--Mike

I like Joel's idea. Maybe I'll buy a gross of blue tarps. The problem with the "big yellow towel" is that once it is wet, so is everything else.
    Thanks Tim, I'll get ahold of Steve.

Matt Guthrie

Quote Originally Posted by matt_gu3 View Post
    I have shot in a couple matches lately where I really wish I had one of those covers for my rifle and rest. I thought Sinclair sold them but I can't seem to find them on their site. So, Where can I find these covers?
    They're very easy to make. While your rifle is on its rests, front and rear, measure the length of your rifle and add about 6 inches. Measure from the width of your front rest and its height [with the rifle on it, as mentioned] and add a few inches and then double it. Go to a fabric store and purchase some vinyl material. Have it cut to your widest measurements. Fold it in half longwise. Stitch up the ends about 2/3 of the way down. Now drape it over your rifle!