Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grunig & Elmiger RACER World Champion Small Bore Rifles are coming to the U.S.

Albert's Loan Office 1232 W. State St., Bristol, TN 37620

Grunig & Elmiger RACER World Champion Small Bore Rifles are coming to the U.S.

For Immediate Release: June 10, 2011

Albert’s Inc. is pleased to announce becoming the U.S. dealer for Grunig & Elmiger rifles and accessories for the benchrest market.

We will stock the Racer World Champion small bore rifle in the RSIII stock and Grunig & Elmiger centerfire benchrest rifles. A demo Racer World Champion rifle will be kept at the store. It will be available to be tested at Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club and it will be taken to several upcoming matches so anyone interested will have an opportunity to experience the “state of the art” rimfire competition rifles.

More information on the Racer World Champion rifle can be found at G&E online.

Please direct inquires to:

Albert’s Inc.
    104 W. Market St.
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    (423) 367-8001
    Marc@alberts-inc.com

how about a ballpark price on the rimfire setup ready for the range, as we dont know exchange rates and I dont want you to be flooded with requests,

Jefferson
    Last edited by Jefferson; 06-10-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spell

Expected Grunig & Elmiger RACER Price

I am not sure about the setup for benchrest yet. The first rifle will arrive with the RSIII stock, no butt hook or plate, and no sights and is essentially a position rifle.

Based on today's exchange rate the rifle described above will retail for $8,500.

Next week I will start evaluating what is needed to make the gun useful for benchrest purposes. Grunig & Elmiger would like feedback from benchrest shooters and I encourage all shooters who test the rifle to be brutally honest about the form, fit, and function of the RACER for benchrest shooting.

Grunig & Elmiger are interested in making the necessary changes and accessories. However, it will probably be more cost effective in the short term for the necessary accessories to be made in the U.S.

I sent information to Grunig & Elmiger design engineering on the weight and configuration of various scopes and mounts used for benchrest in the U.S. They assessed the impact the optical system might have on the accuracy of the RACER and expect the effect to be negligible. That is one of the things I will test after getting the RACER to ride properly in both a one and two piece rest.

I hope to be able to give you better answers after testing has started.

Thank you for your interest.

Marc

Who's barrel are you using? I know Beliker cut a deal with Lilja ( wise move ), is G&E doing the same?

s.

I personally thank you for your most informative answer, it is answers like that that will get you some sales,

thanks again, and can we pay you and directly import into Canada without coming to the USA first, I can get the firearms reference talbe page created in Canada so they can legally be imported as a valid entry or classification for importation purposes, as all new rifles must be

Jefferson

Racer

To the best of my knowledge, the barrel is Lilja.

I will check on what we can do for Canada.

Just noticed the 6 o'clock fp. Interesting. I love this kind of stuff.

s.
    Last edited by steve b.; 06-11-2011 at 12:20 AM.

The Racer Has Arrived

We received the Racer today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	racer-in-rest.jpg 
Views:	2610 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	11406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	in-rest-left-side.jpg 
Views:	1475 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	11408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front-rest.jpg 
Views:	1268 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	11409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear-rest.jpg 
Views:	1253 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	11407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scope-mount.jpg 
Views:	1239 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	11410

Attached the barreled action to the RSIII stock with the 4 mounting screws and set the torque on the screws to 28 in*lb.

Quickly mounted a March 5-32x52 scope on a M. Werks scope sight rail using Leupold MK4 aluminum rings with both rings in front of the turrets.

Attached a M. Werks 3" fore-end benchrest plate to the accessory rail.

Placed on a Fulghum one piece rest and test fired to check positioning in the rest.

The Racer rode the rest equally well with or without the 3" benchrest plate.

Tomorrow, weather permitting I will take the Racer to the range. Over the next couple of weeks I will try different scopes, mountings, and ammunition in an effort to assess the capabilities of the Racer.

If you can come to Kettlefoot and are interested in participating in the testing, please let me know.

More to follow - Marc

I'm curious will you be seeing this appear at a IR50, ARA or PSL match?

Racer Rifle

Yes, the Racer will be shot in PSL, ARA, and IR50/50. It is possible for it to be shot in an ARA match this weekend. Thanks for your interest. Marc

Keep us in the loop. Very curious about this rifle. Thanks for the pics.

s.

I have received an update on Grunig Racer deliveries.

Six (6) Grunig & Elmiger Racer Small Bore Rifles have been allocated to the United States for 2011. The rifles are due to arrive in the U.S. in November of 2011.

We have started a waiting list for the November shipment. They will be sold on a first come first serve basis. To get on the waiting list will require a deposit of 50% down. If at any time you wish to be removed from the waiting list, your deposit will be refunded in full and your place in line will be given to the next buyer.

Thanks,
    Marc

Are there any considerations for bringing in a couple plain actions? I'm assuming most BR shooters are going to have some pretty definative preferences for barrel selection.

Barreled actions will be available sometime next year. Only six rifles for the U.S. for the remainder of this year. Demand has outstripped production. Actions only...probably not. Check out the RSIII stock. It is quite a piece of work itself. Special metal alloy and vibration tuning built in.

Thanks,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Albert's View Post
    Barreled actions will be available sometime next year. Only six rifles for the U.S. for the remainder of this year. Demand has outstripped production. Actions only...probably not. Check out the RSIII stock. It is quite a piece of work itself. Special metal alloy and vibration tuning built in.

Thanks,
    Marc
    Thank you Marc. Would you have any kind of idea as to price talk on the barreled actions? Lastly an operational question, after looking at their site and the photos, may I assume the only way to load these is via the top port? I assume the cartridge carrier rises to accept a round from that port?