View Poll Results: Firing pins

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6 O'Clock pin is best

    23 26.74%
  • 12 O'Clock pin is best

    4 4.65%
  • Doesn't matter at all

    59 68.60%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Firing Pin

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Beach SC
    Posts
    409

    Firing Pin

    What do you think works best ?
    Last edited by tuna921; 05-29-2011 at 07:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Augusta, Maine & Palm Coast, Fl
    Posts
    6,208
    One that doesn't drag very much.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Beach SC
    Posts
    409
    Pete I agree .....

    I have seen only one shooter really excel this year and he did great before his 6 O'clock pin .......So did it change things in my opinion no ........

    Other I have talked with at matches that have switched see no real difference ....... So is it worth the cost of a new barrel ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hondo, TX
    Posts
    1,552
    Ok ignorant question.... do you have to have a diff barrel based on firing pin location?????????????????
    Remember before you BBQ me I dont shoot rimfire YET

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Beach SC
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Ok ignorant question.... do you have to have a diff barrel based on firing pin location?????????????????
    Remember before you BBQ me I dont shoot rimfire YET
    No you don't ........

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hondo, TX
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by tuna921 View Post
    Pete I agree .....

    I have seen only one shooter really excel this year and he did great before his 6 O'clock pin .......So did it change things in my opinion no ........

    Other I have talked with at matches that have switched see no real difference ....... So is it worth the cost of a new barrel ?
    It was the last statement here that prompted the question.... "So is it worth the cost of a new barrel ?"
    So thanks for the clarification for me but what did he mean by that statement?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Beach SC
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    It was the last statement here that prompted the question.... "So is it worth the cost of a new barrel ?"
    So thanks for the clarification for me but what did he mean by that statement?

    What it costs to covert an action you can have a new barrel put on or buy almost a case of ammo ............
    Last edited by tuna921; 06-01-2011 at 08:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hondo, TX
    Posts
    1,552
    Why would you put on a new barrel?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Beach SC
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Why would you put on a new barrel?
    Just saying cost Vs Benefit

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Augusta, Maine & Palm Coast, Fl
    Posts
    6,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Why would you put on a new barrel?
    Ifn one gets a barrel that won't shoot competatively one should change barrels. barrels are less expensive than time, effort and Ammo.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fresno
    Posts
    5,554
    Who's on first. Who? Who!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M
    Last edited by Boyd Allen; 06-03-2011 at 01:38 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    646

    The Poll Tells it all!

    Thanks Boyd!!
    I never go to Facebook & Rarely to YouTube but getting a chance to see "Who's on First" Made my Day ~

    Post this for the Girls on Calfee's Blog and my guess they will not have a Clue
    Doug

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Elburn, Illinois
    Posts
    355
    Something is rotten in Denmark? Bill Calfee has cast a vote for "doesn't matter", sounds like this poll is compromised. thanks, douglas

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Greenbranch Swamp - Fairhope, Al.
    Posts
    501
    Should that surprize anyone?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Troutville, VA
    Posts
    533
    Best part of this whole post is finding the Abbot and Costello clip
    I have two rifles with the 6 o'clock pin. I can misread the wind just as often as I do with the 12 o'clocks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •