Thread: New H&R M12

New H&R M12

I've been on the lookout for an M12 for some time and finally lucked into one on AA auction.

It appears to be in very good condition, but is missing the scope mounting blocks. I got onto the list for Ken Viani's last batch of M12 scope mounts, so I'm not sure the missing scope blocks is that big a deal.

Seller advised that he will include the original CMP papers when he ships it. Anyone recall what the CMP sold these for? How do they stack up against the Kimber .22 that the CMP is selling now?

Thanks

I purchased 1 in Dec for $400 shipped. New one's could probaly use a trigger job, but they're nice rifles I like'em.
    Last edited by Roger T; 04-15-2011 at 08:55 AM.

I bought several from the CMP. Price was $225 plus $22.50 shipping. You might want to check with Herb Smith for a trigger job. If you want further smith work, like a barrel, Elmer Laitala and Dean Bircher have dome quite a few M12's and they've all shot well.

Thanks, guys. This one was $275 on AA. Of course, it is missing the scope mounting blocks, so that is a detraction.
    http://www.auctionarms.com/Closed/Di...emNum=10264669

How do these compare to the CMP Kimber's that are still for ale on their website?

You can buy the scope blocks at www.championshooters.com

It was a 2 week turnaround for Herb Smith's triggers. Friend sent his (2). in and recieved them back last week

Thanks, guys.

Does Herb have a website?

It works best if you just call him. 320-356-7706

OK, thanks