Thread: Reamer for 6.5 x 284.....

Reamer for 6.5 x 284.....

Whats the consensus on the best one to buy? This will be for a 1000 yard F-Class rifle.

I know every maker chambers a little different, which one shoots the best.

Thanks

This new format is killing me. I made a nice post with my 1 finger typing and hit the wrong button and lost it.
    I don't think the different reamers are for any advantage in accuracy. I think you design yours for the bullet and seating depth that you want. My reamer is also designed for the neck size that I want solely because I have a couple sizes of carbide bushings that I want to use. I would keep this in mind when ordering one.
    Butch

I've built quite a few 6.5's. The reamer I've had really good results from is a .297ND .187FB from PTG. It's a no turn neck and the FB length sets you up for the 140's so that the boat tail/bearing intersection of the bullet sits just above the neck/shoulder junction of the case. No doughnut necks to fugger over.

Good luck.

C

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    This new format is killing me. I .
    Butch
    Butch I'm with you. I hate progress, especially if it is worse than what it replaced.

For example, Microsoft Mail and Microsoft Live Mail is much worse than Outlook Express!!