Thread: the SWAROVSKI OPTIK patented 4-point coil spring system

the SWAROVSKI OPTIK patented 4-point coil spring system

I thought that this post is quite interesting to see actual photo's of the erector tube and springs .

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19469

Stonewall

That is all well and good. The major issue is how much does it weigh. If the scope, with mounts, is too heavy, no matter how well built the erector tube assembly, it is worthless for short range BR. Weight is the challange for short range BR shooters. A scope and mounts can have windage/elevation adjustments as solid a a chunk of steel, but if they weight too much they are next to useless. Any weight gain in the sighting system, means ounces have to be lost somewhere else, and that usually means the barrel.

What ever happened to that super-duper patented adjustment scheme they had on the Bushnell Elite's a couple years ago? They advertised it, then you never heard about it. I never found out if it actually worked.

Question Hmmm

Didnít Leupold just go to something like this on some of their tactical scopes?

Guess you mean the "Posi-lock" device. I don't have a current Bushnell catalog. I did check the Midway catalog, and they don't show that system on any Bushnells. If someone has a Posi-lock Bushnell, it might be interesting to learn how well it performed.

Posi-lock is Burris.