Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Boyer...

Tony Boyer...

wins Super Shoot #37

Wow

The legend continues. Congratulations to the finest Benchrest Shooter in the World...............jackie

Curiosity question...

Quote Originally Posted by Hal D. View Post
    wins Super Shoot #37
    Does Tony use a tuner?

virg

I don,t think he does. Or at least I did not see one when I was at the Super Shoot.

Be safe and shoot well,

John

Thumbs up Hi Virg

Quote Originally Posted by virg View Post
    Does Tony use a tuner?

virg
    Tony is not like the rest of us. He will NEVER need a "crutch" such as a tuner.

After all He is "TONY THE BOYER".

All kidding aside Tony is light years ahead of the competition as his HOF points lead would suggest. Just think how big his HOF lead would be if
    he was awarded HOF points for his 5 Super Shoot victories!
    Last edited by 333smitty; 05-26-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Have you ever wondered how many people that he has kept out of the Hall of Fame?
    Butch

Quote Originally Posted by 333smitty View Post
    :
    How about his hat, does he still wear his lucky hat ?

Butch

Gene told me he has more than enough 2d place finishes to Tony to have enough points to get into the HOF. There are others, I am sure.........jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grosbier View Post
    How about his hat, does he still wear his lucky hat ?
    Yes he does Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by 333smitty View Post

After all He is "TONY THE BOYER".

All kidding aside Tony is light years ahead of the competition as his HOF points lead would suggest. Just think how big his HOF lead would be if
    he was awarded HOF points for his 4 Super Shoot victories!
    Actually Vic, this is #5 for Tony. He'd been tied for some time with Don Geraci at four wins...

The Best just keep getting better

Tony you are the greatest. Good shooting you are the man.

hopefully at a match somewhere in the southwest region
    There is Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Jeremy McGrath, David Beckham, Joe Montana, and then there's Tony Boyer and he is better at his game then all the rest are at their's. All you have to do is look at the distance between the leaders and the second place guys and no one even compares to Tony.

What put Tony in a strain this year was following me!! Fact!!

Now the truth of that fact, I was on relay 6 and Tony on relay 1 on the same bench which meant I probably got all the bad stuff out of his way!! At least the not-to-do stuff.

He is just that much better at this game than anyone else that has ever shot it. Every HOF point he has, he has won through his superior skills of tuning and wind reading. Doing the best by taking the time and effort.

Mrs Boyer (Faye) was back to shooting this year. She has had some health problems of late. Talk about talent, she can beat anyone else on the course if she takes the notion. Just read the match reports of a few years ago.

What can any of us say?

I don't think most of us are so focused on a Sport they do for recreation they become THE Expert at it. All of us who have been shooting for a decade or so have put some time into it but I would wager the number of us who have 20 barrels chambered each year one could count on one hand and the number of us who go to the range every day and shoot the conditions could be counted on one hand as well.

Frankly, even though I love the Benchrest thing, I have a number of other things in my life that I like nearly as much. One can admire a person who is totally devoted to a sport but how many of us are THAT DEVOTED?

That said, there is no question he is THE MAN. Kudos to him.

We would like to say Congrats to Tony for winning the 2009 Super Shoot and to all the competitors for being there. A great time was had by all. A super thank you for putting it all on!

Hal, Thanks for starting the post and it was pleasure meeting you besides always talking to you on the phone!

Frank Green and Tracy Bartlein