Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics flash ebert's turbo action

Close copy of Win 52D

With the exception of the Extractors and the trigger placement. Otherwise pretty decent action. Loading port has been opened up over earlier mobels. Still, Lefties have to order a right port model, and families that contain righties and lefties, have a difficult time of sharing at a match.

Turbo Bolt Disassembly Instructions

Joe, I found your turbo bolt disassembly instructions. I know this post is old, but I was wondering if you or anyone on the forum has written instructions on how to use the tool to disassemble the bolt? I am a novice and any help would be appreciated.
    Terry

sorry i do not have instructions. If you follow the pics in the dissemble how to you won't have any problems.

What you doing is compressing the firing pin spring to expose a small pin that holds the assembly together.

The piece you insert into the bolt that comes with the tool has a notch on the end that goes into th bolt first. the protruding pin lines up exactly with the notch. That pin is your reference point what plane the notch is. Keep the pin straight up and down as you compress the spring.

When the spring is fully compressed with your reference fin straight up and down your notch will go around the pin you need to punch out.

Give it a try you can't hurt a thing! Have fun

Joe, thanks for the information. A few quick questions. Is the firing pin cocked or uncocked when you put the bolt into the tool? What size punch will I need and do you happen to have a diagram of the bolt? I appreciate your help

Terry

I don't think the firing pin can be cocked and held in the cocked position with the bolt out of the gun. The trigger mechanism holds back the firing pin.

The pin you want to remove is about 1/16" pin, very small. When you expose the pin with the compression it will be every easy for you to determine size.

With that being said, not to be rude or disparaging in any way. Your lack of confidence in firearm maintenance sends the message maybe another hobby would suit you better.

i got mine out of washington state used and proud to have but i need a bolt stop

Joe, thanks for the information. Since my hobby is shooting, if I have any issues that are beyond normal maintenance I will defer to a gunsmith. In addition, when I read the nature of most of the forum posts, if one used your maintenance criteria, it would appear that most posters on the forum should also find another hobby and then would be be remaining to compete against. Oh well, whatever, I really appreciate the information, I am sure it will be helpful to the gunsmith who has never taken apart a turbo bolt. Have a nice day.

Terry

Hi jGEE, I have a question about a torque action bolt setting. I can't find it anywhere. Was something mentioned about it in the manual???
    thanks.

Czech BR,
    I had mine ( with good bedding ) torqued to 35 inch pounds, both front and back. If you need to work it out I would start at 20 inch pounds on each screw and then go up in 5 inch pound increments, first the front then the rear. I would not go over 50 inch pounds however. You are looking to get the least amount of verticle spread as you are tightening the action screws. Needless to say... you will want to do this at the range.
    Steve

Thanks Steve,
    will see the next week, when the rifle arrives.

Thanks for this thread.
    It's not posting ttt for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cwop View Post
    all i can say is that is amazing work. all that knowledge will be gone forever some day.

good luck with your build and keep us posted.

bob
    No, you are wrong! The skill and the talent and the ideas in his work will live on and add to the body of knowledge that we use in our rifles. You can bet that his work has inspired and will continue to inspire others who admire fine workmanship. Thanks Flash.

Concho Bill