Thread: ear protection question

ear protection question

hi guys,
    the wife and i had a baby boy in october, he's six months now. i've been looking all over for ear protection for him so mom and him can attend shoots with me, but i can't find any small enough. any suggestions or should they just stay home. the problem is that the more i leave the wife behind when i go shooting the more i hear about it, she does like attending shoots with me.
    thanks for any input.

If this is BR then they could just sit in the car for 7 mins at a time.

As much as I like shooting and shooting matches, I don't think that it is a good idea to carry an infant who cannot even hold their hands over their ears to a rifle range.

Wait until they are a little older and can use earplugs or other ear protection. Loud noises will frighten little ones.

Just the thoughts of a grandfather with hearing aids.

Concho Bill

my 2 cents

I don't have little children but for the wife I use a credit card.
    I shoot, she shops.
    Centerfire

Quote Originally Posted by 244-40x View Post
    hi guys,
    the wife and i had a baby boy in october, he's six months now. i've been looking all over for ear protection for him so mom and him can attend shoots with me, but i can't find any small enough. any suggestions or should they just stay home. the problem is that the more i leave the wife behind when i go shooting the more i hear about it, she does like attending shoots with me.
    thanks for any input.

Distance is your friend for little ones ears. The further away your young one is from the line, the better protected his ears will be. A hundred yards is plenty and safe.

I'm a huge proponent about getting them out young and setting a life time pattern for them.

Try this....

Quote Originally Posted by 244-40x View Post
    hi guys,
    thanks for any input.
    Try the soft hearing plugs available at most drug stores. This is a material that you can shape with your fingers and remove as much as you like to fit your child's ears. It comes in a small plastic box (about four to the box) and is reasonably priced. You take the amount you want shape it with your fingers and press it into the ear.

I used to use them all the time.

good luck,
    virg