Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windage top plans?

Windage top plans?

Anyone know of a set of plans for a windage top out there (not necessarly free)

Believe it or not, I've never seen one (NYC is not exactly know as a Meca for Benchrest), but I have a fairly well setup shop, and figure it's be a good project - get some fun in the shop

Do like Jackie Schmidt did, take the compound off a 10EE Monarch and mount it to your pedestal.
    Butch

Well, that would work, but be a tad expensive

I spent some time on the phone with Ron Hoehn. Nice guy. He's no longer making his as "Everyone's gone to the Farley", but gave me permission to make at least a semi-clone, and gave me some hints. Spen an hour or 2 in front of the mill the last couple of nights - truing up some "as wrought" 7075 that I have, and a bunch of time with a pencil an paper designing my own (still have 1-2 questions on how they are done 'in real life', but)

I figure with Sunday supposed to be rainy around here, there is a good chance I might finish it this weekend, depending if I can get some 1" 6063 angle delivered (I forgot that 6061 angle has the fillet and round edges - gaah)

Fun shop project anyway

Any chance we could see your drawings?

Quote Originally Posted by KG2V View Post
    Well, that would work, but be a tad expensive

I spent some time on the phone with Ron Hoehn. Nice guy. He's no longer making his as "Everyone's gone to the Farley", but gave me permission to make at least a semi-clone, and gave me some hints. Spen an hour or 2 in front of the mill the last couple of nights - truing up some "as wrought" 7075 that I have, and a bunch of time with a pencil an paper designing my own (still have 1-2 questions on how they are done 'in real life', but)

I figure with Sunday supposed to be rainy around here, there is a good chance I might finish it this weekend, depending if I can get some 1" 6063 angle delivered (I forgot that 6061 angle has the fillet and round edges - gaah)

Fun shop project anyway

Quote Originally Posted by dougpfaff View Post
    Any chance we could see your drawings?
    Once I draw them - Right now I'm working on the "TLAR" system (That looks about right)

Quote Originally Posted by KG2V View Post
    Once I draw them - Right now I'm working on the "TLAR" system (That looks about right)

Copycat

Only steal from the best

Working on figuring out Alibre Cad - gah - I could have drawn the whole thing with paper and pencil, to scale, on a drafting board, in probably an hour - sigh

Most of my better ideas were stolen from somebody else. Please post your drawing.

I've got a few pictures of one I made. Its not hard to do really and it works quite well.

So. Central PA. Most rifle shooting at Shippensburg Fish and Game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobB View Post
    I've got a few pictures of one I made. Its not hard to do really and it works quite well.
    Can you post the pictures?

Thanks
    Fitch

Windage top plans?

we are all waiting for them thar pictures and them stick drawings toooooo

thanks
    pickles

I know your waiting - almost all drawn - a couple of minor parts to ad - life has been busy, what,, with both kids in soccer, and Mom's Day etc. Shop time? What's that?

Rest top Drawings

KG2V,
    This drawing is not complete but it will get you started. I put it on a Caldwell BR100. Can send it in a Word file.
    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rest top.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	7784  
    Last edited by Fla mac; 05-11-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Windage top plans?

Thanks, I don't care what they say about you, your OK in my book

Thanks
    Semper fi
    pickles
    MGySgt Ret.