Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Tournaments

Memorial Tournaments

To honor several past competitors, and all US War Veterans, the Dietzville BRC announces the following Memorial Tournaments in May that our Range. A total of twelve targets for the weekend. Make your Motel reservations now. Hope to see you there.

Dorothy Jamison
    Dietzville BRC
    Jack Harper
    Cedar Pointe ARA Club.
    05/16/09 Dietzville Bench Rest Club
    Pearson Memorial Tournament 6 targets Start Time 11:00 AM
    05/17/09 Cedar Pointe ARA Club
    Higens Memorial Tournament 6 targets Start Time 9:00 AM
    Check out other club information & Motel listings at www.dietzvillebrc.com

Dorothy and Jack looks like myself and Karla will be on our way to shoot with you all .... if anything changes we will let you know.......see you there............Scotty

sat ara shoot

hi fred, would like to thank you all for making my son feel welcome ,on sat. thanks jim

Our Pleasure

Jim:
    He represented your family well. It's always a pleasure to have someone of Adams character attend our shoots. We wish Adam a safe journey while continuing to fulfill his commit tent to his country. Hope he's able to joins us a few more times before he transfers out. By the way, you do fantastic gunsmithing. His Turbo is a piece or art.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jfp View Post
    hi fred, would like to thank you all for making my son feel welcome ,on sat. thanks jim
    Jim, We really enjoyed having Adam visit with us and we're very happy to hear it sounds like he had a good time. We had some good conversation and got to talk a little shop and equipment. Very nice Turbo and he told us about getting the artwork on the stock etc.... Not sure if Adam frequents the site here but there's going to be a night shoot over at Dan Killough's place 5/2. By the map it's a couple of hours west of Ft. Hood and Dan's got a real nice place and the family always has some very good eats for us when over there, plus very good folks to visit with out at the ranch. So Adam if you can try to make it over to Dan's.

Les

thanks again for making him welcome. ha talked about going to dan,s . this is the first time he has been able to do any shooting , jim

Fred,

As a war veteran myself I had planned on coming but my parents decided on having their 65th wedding anniversary that weekend. Since those are kind of rare these days, it is somewhat special and since I'm putting it on I figured I had better show up. I hope to catch the next one. Shoot well.

65th Honeymoon

Ken:
    They must have done it right. Now respect the little sign on the bedroom doorknob. See you soon.

Any Interest???????????

I thought, by bringing this back to the top, I could generate a little interest in those that are truly concerned about the life of some ranges. Without local and regional support many of the best ranges in ARA will close down, We hate losing money, so tell us if you plan on attending so the food we are perparing will not go to waste. I won't mention those that have made a commitment to these Tournaments, but will say we have lost many a competitor due to other ventures or lack of interest in our range ( because they think it's to tough to tame). Prove me wrong, and RSVP so you will at least be properly feed.
    Go to www.dietzvillebrc.com for a list of local lodging.

Fred,

Dawn and I will both be shooting and maybe Abbie.
    We will pull in Friday evening if that is OK.

thanks,
    Dan

Fred, Please put Allison and I down on the list. Sally will be out of town so we will make both shoots. If we can help please let me know...

Parking spot reserved

Dan:
    Your Regular parking spot is reserved for you.

No Limit

Several have asked if the are any limits on the number of shooters for the Tournaments. That's a GREAT BIG NO. We'll take all the come in.

Motel and other Lodging

Several have contacted me about motels in New Braunfels area for this weekends tournaments. The link on our website does not appear working, so if you need information and phone numbers, check the link below.
    http://www.hill-country-visitor.com/.../Hotels_Motels

Thanks, and we'll see you Saturday morning.

Thanks

Fred,
    Really enjoyed the brief, yet informative, visit with y'all Saturday. Appreciate the hospitality shown by so many. Look forward to returning, and maybe joining in soon. Have been hooked on .22rf since about the age of 5 (nearly 46 yrs now). What I saw Saturday only fueled that addiction.

good shooting,
    mako
    Last edited by mako; 05-18-2009 at 09:07 AM.