Thread: Gulf Coast Regional Championship & Crawfish Match

Gary Walters Guest

Gulf Coast Regional Championship & Crawfish Match

In the past, the Tomball Gun Club has allowed shooters to camp beginning Thursday night until Saturday night on the property.

This year the Board of Directors will NOT ALLOW camping Thursday night. Camping will be allowed ONLY Friday and Saturday night.

A Security Guard will be on-hand from 4:00 pm until 10:00 pm friday and saturday night.

Don't ask me how this came about. It is a loooong story. I am sorry I did not post this much earlier. You are welcome to show-up Thursday and shoot, but camping will not be allowed. Be aware that the range will be open to the members also on Thursday. There will be a member present (me or John Jones) Thursday and Friday.

Thanks.

GW (936-520-2047)
    Last edited by Gary Walters; 03-18-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Add number

Weather update

Partly to mostly cloudy all days

Thurs nite low - 54
    Fri Hi 74, Low 57
    Sat Hi 77, Low 62
    Sun Hi 78

Wind
    Fri - E @ 10-15
    Sat - SE @ 10-20
    Sun - SE @ 15-25

Glen

Tomball

Looks like it is going to be a typical week end at Tomball, great weather, but really tricky conditions.

I heard that Mr. Push, Mr. Mirage, and Mr. Verticle all have resevations at the Tomball Inn, and will be arriving at the Range about 8:am Friday.

Of course, there is always that entire horde of "Infinite Variables" that can sometimes arrive late, but always seem to show up in time to kill quite a few aggs. .......jackie
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 03-19-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Watch out

MAke sure you watch out for those little "Dust Devils" down range that seem to show up as well between the 100 & 200 yrd
    I think Gary ought to sod that all with some St. Augustine down range......

Gary Walters Guest

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by D Penttinen View Post
    MAke sure you watch out for those little "Dust Devils" down range that seem to show up as well between the 100 & 200 yrd
    I think Gary ought to sod that all with some St. Augustine down range......
    I don't think much will grow in that hard clay. Going to be a little windy Sunday for you Doug.

GW

ya mean ya dont want any visitors at all!!! that is a killer for me to make the trip. ray

Gary Walters Guest

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by ray porter View Post
    ya mean ya dont want any visitors at all!!! that is a killer for me to make the trip. ray
    Sure we want you to shoot at TGC. This is a Club and is run by a BOD etc. We have to abide by the rules as set forth by them, like it or not.

Year to year, things change. Maybe things will change back to the way they were in the past, but not this year.

The Shilen gang spent the night in a Wal Mart Parking Lot last night and rolled-in this morning. They are camping at the club tonight and tomorrow night.

Looks like we have a good turn-out. Hope to see you at a match soon.

There is a place about 4 miles away from the range that offers camping for those arriving on a Thursday.

GW

gary, thanks- maybe i can make it to denton to see all you guys.
    good luck.