Thread: Jerry Simison

Jerry Simison

Jerry took a pretty nasty fall in his home on Monday night. Slipped on the staircase. He ended up in hospital in Detroit Lakes with a broken elbow and some very painful bumps and bruises. This was on the same day his wife (Kathy) was going in for some surgery so the timing was poor at best.

I visited him last night and although in pain he was in decent spirits joking with the nursing staff. His son Todd told me tonight that they will probably operate tomorrow sometime. For those trying to get in touch I guess it will be a little while before he is back in his workshop doing any gunsmithing. Hopefully he will soon be back on the phone chatting to buddies.

Chris

Chris,

Let us know when he's home.

I've got some catchin' up to to do with him.

Thanks, Al

I just spoke with Jerry's son Todd and he mentioned that the operation they performed this evening went well without any complications.

When I have more news I will post it.

Chris

Chris, tell Jerry we are thinking about him.

Hey,

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Linc

By way of update, it has been some weeks now since Jerry's fall. He is now back at home after two operations and other complications but the good news he is repairing well.

In helping set expectations, Jerry is undergoing a period of rehab to get his arm/elbow back in shape to do the things he needs to do.

Anyone that has been trying to contact Jerry or expecting work completed should obviously anticipate delays. He is not answering phones and email etc with the alacrity that we have been used to.

Thanks for the understanding.
    Chris

Talked to Jerry 1/3/09

After two surgeries on his arm, Jerry is in pain, but he seemed to be upbeat. He told me that his recuperation would take approximately 9 weeks. I hope that he fully recovers and returns to his normal routine faster than that. He will be back because he is not one to give up.

Please pray for Jerry and Kathy at this time. James Mock
    Last edited by JD Mock; 01-03-2009 at 07:35 PM.