Thread: Newbi ?? 6BRX

Newbi ?? 6BRX

Has anyone had any fairly long term experience with the 6 BRX? How is its accuracy out to 1000, barrel life etc. Would you recommend it?
    Thanks,
    Bob

Smile

I would highly reccomend the 6BRX, as well as the Dasher. I currently have two 6BRXs' and they do very well at 1,000 yds.

Gary.

Bob,

I have been shooting a 6BRX for over a year now and it is a great cartridge all the way out to 1000yrds. It will shoot well inside a .308 and it will hold it's own against the 6XC. I used the false shoulder method of fire forming with 32 grains of Varget and accurracy was outstanding. I would not hesitate to fire form during a match! One thing I would recommend is to run the newly formed brass into a .308 body die to keep the lower part of the case from causing sticky bolt lift. I feel you will find your smallest group sizes between 32.5 and 33.5 grains of Varget with a Berger 105 VLD seated to touch the lands. Please work up to the 33.5 slowly. I have 16 firings on a set of brass with no casualties yet and the primer pockets still feel like new. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

Rick Curtis

6mmBRX

Go to 6mmBR website. Look at the John708 6BRX thread. It has been going for 2 1/2 years. It has been updated regularly and will answer many questions you might have.
    Rustystud

Smile

Thanks all
    Bob

Bob,

Rick has it covered. I have shot a 6BRX for 4 years in 600 & 1000yd benchrest. It will shoot top accuracy for benchrest at these ranges. I had over 2000 rounds on my last barrel and would still shoot in the mid 2" groups for a 4 target aggs. at 600, but in todays matches, that will get you 5th place, so I have a new one on it now. The BRX and Dasher are great rounds for long range. You may also try RL 15 in them too.

Mark Schronce