Thread: 40 X tuning screws

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

40 X tuning screws

Anyone know where I could buy those tuning screws that are in the stocks on the 40 x's. I would like to install them on my anschutz?

If you're referring to........

the opposed screws Remington used to put in the forend, they did away w/those ages ago, & with a wood stock, you may find yourself endlessly fighting w/an organic material that will never quiet down.

Yea you are probably right just thought it would be something to tinker with to try and get a little more accuracy, if i could find them.

Two possible sources, Gene Davis or Outback Gun Parts. Do a search here, I'm sure you'll find their contact info. Thanks, Douglas

Petrea(Ohio 124) On Salt Crick in SE Ohio

Thumbs up Gene Davis

Gene made for me a barrel Tuning device for a Hall/Lilja
    I used thes devices for ever and like them. IT was made from a section of SS barrel with SS screws and nylon tipped. They also need to be custom located on each rifle.That is why they didn't work for Remington.May a National Championship was won at Perry with these devices.
    gdavis10@columbus.rr.com

screws

for my 2 cents and the 40x i am currently shooting the tuner screws work better than an end barrel tuner or a midbarrel tuner
    my rifle has a stock heavy barrel and with a minor ammount of messin with the screwes you can tune your groups right in
    I do have a rough 40x stock with those in it I have not decided what to do with .
    bought the stock from numrich gun parts