Thread: A Few Centerfire Bench Guns

A Few Centerfire Bench Guns

Lynn on here sent me a few pictures of his bench guns. I thought I would show you boys. They look good to me.

great pics...

Hi Brad ...thanks for posting Lynn's pics....it is good to let the point blank shooters see some modern 600/1000 yd equip.....I really like the cleaning rod caddy in the last pic!!!! ....Roger

Lynn,

Neat Stuff!!

What is the bark like on the BMG?? How much does that gal weigh?? Do any of the 50's keep up in the accuracy dept. w/ the 6.5, .30 & .338 br made pills?? I know little about the long range br stuff but was curious if the 50 was playing.

I have never been into the boomers....even for hunting but our deer are small. My biggest kicker is a 7mm Lazzeroni built on a sako trg action. Pretty heavy and only shooting those 120gr lazer heads but still snaps at you.

Dad & I use her strictly for long range doe shooting. I'm guessing barrel life to be +/-800 rounds before accuracy will start to suffer.

pf

Just WOW Lynn...

.....I thought my $5 w/ every trigger pull with the Lazz was high. I'm only using 100gr of powder!!

94lbs!!??

Cool stuff.....Thanks for sharing.

pf

<><

Quote Originally Posted by expiper View Post
    Hi Brad ...thanks for posting Lynn's pics....it is good to let the point blank shooters see some modern 600/1000 yd equip.....I really like the cleaning rod caddy in the last pic!!!! ....Roger
    No problem.

It was my pleasure.

lynn,

How about the new aluminum rifle?...Caliber?...Barrel?...Who made the stock?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    The polished aluminum stock has integral tracking rails not added on later ones as well as a integral barrel block.It is now a 300 Ackley with a 30 inch Hart 11 twist barrel put on by Jim Borden but it can easily be swapped out to anything you want it to be.
    I have barrels ranging from 28-36 inches in length in 6BR,6.5-06AI,6mm-06,284AI,7STW,308 Baer,300 Ackley and some wildcats.

The barrel block is bedded with J-B Weld for perfect alignment and to keep the 44 pounds of aluminum from being a giant heat sink.The entire action floats a does most of the barrel.It started out as a billet and was machined by Gary Alvey out of Junction City,Colorado.

If your into playing with a bunch of different chamberings this is the perfect test bed.It is the 1,000 yard equivalent of a railgun as it weighs 65 pounds and in testing returns to battery very well.It has a 3 piece rest with a removable center section but for testing you can leave it as 1 piece. It has front and rear windage controls as well.In the long run its actually cheaper than a bunch of laminated or fiberglass stocks and every other year I get it repolished.At our local public range its a huge public relations tool and lots of people have shot it.
    Lynn
    Lynn,

I sent you both an email and a PM to get some information from you. Thanks in advance.

James

Lynn,

Sorry about the number. I was in a hurry and messed up. I sent you an email with the correct area code.

Thanks again for your willingness to help.

James