Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Global warming? Not!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    510

    Global warming? Not!

    Got up at 5:30 this morning, temp was 34. Snowed from about 7 a.m. until 10 a.m. Most of it has melted, now.
    Only 11 days until Summer!

    Jay, Moscow, Idaho

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay, Idaho View Post
    Got up at 5:30 this morning, temp was 34. Snowed from about 7 a.m. until 10 a.m. Most of it has melted, now.
    Only 11 days until Summer!

    Jay, Moscow, Idaho
    Wow, 34 huh?

    Come on down to sunny south Georgia. It was in the 90's before lunch and the thermometer is showing 95 now. Would be higher but got a little cloud cover at the moment.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Deep South Texas
    Posts
    515

    100 right now....

    .....heading out for a scrimage in an hour. Can't imagine what the heat index is. Hate the summer time down here.

    I'm ready for November and a campfire myself....you can keep the 34. Anything under 40 and this South TX boy is COLD!!

    pf

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    1,082
    Night time temperatures here are in the low 40's. Day time, it get up to the low 60's.

    The answer is clear, Al Gore's global warming went on vacation.

    To Al Gore: You can go too.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Billings, Montana
    Posts
    1,461
    Here in the banana belt of Montana it was 34 on our outside thermometer at 0645 this morning. Did a job on the tomato plant my wife had on the deck. No snow though because we ARE in the banana belt....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Extreme SEcorner of British Columbia.
    Posts
    212
    About 4 inches of snow in Whitefish (well outside the banana belt!) but just rain in Eureka. Not too warm though.
    Just spoke to my mother -in-law (Potlatch, Idaho) and she told me of the snow there. First time she can recall having snow in June and she grew up in Pierce.
    My daughter (Ft Drum NY) complained of the heat and humidity. Said it felt like she was back at Ft Rucker. I told to wait a few days and she might get what we have now. At least I hope so; I'm tired of it. Regards, Bill.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Leeper View Post
    About 4 inches of snow in Whitefish (well outside the banana belt!) but just rain in Eureka. Not too warm though.
    Just spoke to my mother -in-law (Potlatch, Idaho) and she told me of the snow there. First time she can recall having snow in June and she grew up in Pierce.
    My daughter (Ft Drum NY) complained of the heat and humidity. Said it felt like she was back at Ft Rucker. I told to wait a few days and she might get what we have now. At least I hope so; I'm tired of it. Regards, Bill.
    I thing the consensus in Georgia is that we would happily trade you for a few days.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I thing the consensus in Georgia is that we would happily trade you for a few days.
    +1 on that!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    83
    It also snowed in north fork idaho

  10. #10
    Mr. D is offline Varminter w/small groups
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Night time temperatures here are in the low 40's. Day time, it get up to the low 60's.

    The answer is clear, Al Gore's global warming went on vacation.

    To Al Gore: You can go too.
    One of the prime symptoms of global warming is extremes! Checked the reports on flooding and drought lately. I hope those who say there is no Global Warming are right, but allot of bright people disagree.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Advance, MO
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    One of the prime symptoms of global warming is extremes! Checked the reports on flooding and drought lately. I hope those who say there is no Global Warming are right, but allot of bright people disagree.
    I call bull. They sure weren't predicting "extremes" years ago when this whole circus began. Its extremely nice how originally they predicted only warming, then "revised" their prediction to also include a decade of cooling AFTER seven years of the decade of cooling passed. They don't have any clue....
    Last edited by tylerw02; 06-13-2008 at 02:38 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    1,753
    My take on Global Warming is this: Did man kind cause the Little Ice Age that killed a third of the worlds population through famine, disease, etc... Well the answer is NO. So what caused it? History shows continueous (some more extreme than others) changes in weather patterns. I do think mankind can aggrevate but by a very small amount. As far as a lot of bright people...well they brought us asbestos, poisons, and many many things that have been found to be dangerous to people. Heck, no one can argue that Hitler and Stalin wasn't bright. It's usually those who think their smater than everyone else, that you should keep your eyes on and question the most.

    Hovis

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Billings, Montana
    Posts
    1,461
    What's even more worrying is that the "extremes" aren't really extremes, but within normal variability of climate. Most people can't remember what the climate was like more than 20 or 30 years ago, and then only really cold and stormy winters or summers or hot and dry summers. Climate records for most of the North and South American continents are pretty recent things. Where I live has only had "official" records kept for about the past 70 years which is only a small fraction of the time that people have occupied the area - maybe 14 or 15 thousand years.

    The predictions for global warming are all based on computer models which for climate don't work very well at all. They're wonderful things for engineering problems, but for climate they're a lot like me throwing darts at a dartboard. Not too hot.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Deep South Texas
    Posts
    515

    These same 'smart people'......

    .....just KNOW for certain the earth is billions of years old but we've only been keeping records for 100 years?? OK, I'll double it to 200 years just to cover the obvious.....even if we had records for 500 years, they have no 'PROOF' what has been going on before that time.

    Give me a break.....I bet dinasaur farts created more global warming than SUV's.

    pf

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    1,082
    The entire weather scam has it's origins on a 1970's computer model, at a time when the hippie movement was on the wain. That is the source for all of these NEW LIES FOR OLD. Remember when the earth day celebrations started? Look at the platforms. Did they have a goal? Refer to photos of the people that were early on involved in the movement. Are any around today from the start? They built a business out of nothing, today they cash in. Decades of propaganda, it worked for Hitler, it is working for them today.

    I feel the name of the GREEN MOVEMENT was wrong from the start, better named the TOTALITARN MOVEMENT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •