Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Berger Match VLD .308 bullets

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Leawood, Ks
    Posts
    9

    Berger Match VLD .308 bullets

    I hope someone can answer a nagging question or information I am getting from different sources!

    Looking to shoot Berger 155gr. Match VLD through a Cooper M52 30-06 with a 1:10 twist, but I have read these bullets need a 1:14 twist. Does that mean that I won't be able to shoot these bullets accurately. I recieved information from Walt Berger himself that I will be able to shoot these but I read from a dealer link on his site that I need a 1:14. What gives? Want to know before I spend my hard earned money on this!!!

    Thanks
    Coopershooter1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Deer Park, Texas
    Posts
    86
    They are an excellent bullet and will work fine in your 1 in 10.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by coopershooter1 View Post
    I hope someone can answer a nagging question or information I am getting from different sources!

    Looking to shoot Berger 155gr. Match VLD through a Cooper M52 30-06 with a 1:10 twist, but I have read these bullets need a 1:14 twist. Does that mean that I won't be able to shoot these bullets accurately. I recieved information from Walt Berger himself that I will be able to shoot these but I read from a dealer link on his site that I need a 1:14. What gives? Want to know before I spend my hard earned money on this!!!

    Thanks
    Coopershooter1
    It's wrote right on the box 1 in 14 or faster................ Gary

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    69
    Gary,


    I asked the very same question on accurateshooter and got the same answer.
    The 155 VLD will work great in your 10 or 12 twist.

    I loaded up 50 rounds at two different COAL's. I will let you know how they shoot.



    Rich

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Leawood, Ks
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by hg shelton View Post
    It's wrote right on the box 1 in 14 or faster................ Gary
    HG Shelton, Haven't seen it written on box but didn't mean to ruffle your feathers!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by coopershooter1 View Post
    HG Shelton, Haven't seen it written on box but didn't mean to ruffle your feathers!
    Didn't ruffle my feathers, I was just trying to let you know they would work. I shoot 155's and 168's, both of my box's are marked, the 55's say 14 and faster, the 68's say 13 and faster.They both shoot good in my 12 twist, hope you have the same luck.

    Gary

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    69
    Gary,

    I shot 50 rounds of the Bergers 168 VLD in my 12 twist over the weekend and the performed better than any other bullet I've tried so far.

    It's printed on top of the box, "For 1 -13 twist or faster".


    The biggest surprise of the afternoon came when I got home from the range and noticed the bullets I shot were 168 gr not 155 like I originally thought.

    I used 44 grains of Varget in each case which won't work using 168 SMK.


    Rich

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-Allen View Post
    Gary,

    I shot 50 rounds of the Bergers 168 VLD in my 12 twist over the weekend and the performed better than any other bullet I've tried so far.

    It's printed on top of the box, "For 1 -13 twist or faster".


    The biggest surprise of the afternoon came when I got home from the range and noticed the bullets I shot were 168 gr not 155 like I originally thought.

    I used 44 grains of Varget in each case which won't work using 168 SMK.


    Rich
    Rich,

    The 168's work better in my rifle too...........

    Gary

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Leawood, Ks
    Posts
    9
    HG Shelton,

    Didn't realize the Berger boxes are marked that way. Thanks. Walt Berger sent me an email today explaining this also. Going to try 155 gr. VLD and 168s' in my Cooper M52 and see it likes it.

    Thanks again,
    Coopershooter1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •