Thread: CZ 453 Varmint in 17 HMR 5 shot group

Mr. D is offline Varminter w/small groups

CZ 453 Varmint in 17 HMR 5 shot group

In case any of you benchresters wonder how a CZ #453 Varmint in 17 HMR shoots I'm trying to upload a 5 shot, 50 meter target! Wish me luck!

Of course it isn't an "Annie", but click on the attachment and see what you think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CZ 17 HMR Group.jpg 
Views:	1341 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	5096  

Not bad at all but can you do it again and again? Even if not it still is a heck of a gun for the money. Nothing "competitive" but for the money it is a heck of a lot of fun.

Mr. D is offline Varminter w/small groups
    Quote Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
    Not bad at all but can you do it again and again? Even if not it still is a heck of a gun for the money. Nothing "competitive" but for the money it is a heck of a lot of fun.
    I'm not good enough at benchrest shooting to know! I'm not sure that I could do any better with the best "Annie" around! My biggest problem is "Operator Error"!

From what I can tell, I think quite a few CZ's need bedding. I expect to post bed and free float my CZ #453 Varmint just as a matter of course. My .223 laminated stock Sako shot great until this year, so I did just that and now it's back to shooting great! Even laminated stocks seem to need a bedding tune up sooner or later. Change is the only constant!