Thread: Adjusting tracking

Adjusting tracking

Hi,

How do you go about adjusting the tracking screws on a Young railgun? Is this something that needs to be done by a gunsmith or can it be handled by the shooter?

Thanks in advance?

Bill McIntyre

You can do it yourself. It takes very little adjustment to move things. Get your rail setup and take your time.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
    Hi,

How do you go about adjusting the tracking screws on a Young railgun? Is this something that needs to be done by a gunsmith or can it be handled by the shooter?

Thanks in advance?

Bill McIntyre

I have a Jay Young Rail. When I saw your post, I thought about calling Jay Young(541-847-5654). Just a suggestion.

Glenn

Thanks for the info!

I figure now is the time to get things in place. I hope to shoot it at the Nationals this year!

Bill McIntyre

I think we are all hopeful to shoot this year.

Joe

I took the barreled action off the gun, put the scope on the block and set up in my kitchen looking out the window. I aimed at a small mark on a tree about 80 yards away. After playing around with the tracking screws I was able to get the vertical tracking where I want it to be. Then I adjusted for the horizontal and things look great.

Other than getting strange looks from my wife for having the gun sit on a kitchen counter, things worked out well!

Thanks for responding and if I was making any progress I was going to give Jay Young a call as suggested!

Keep warm!

Bill McIntyre

Tracking is one of those things on a Rail Gun that is overplayed.

The truth is, as long as you bring it back against the stop each time, t really has no affect on accuracy.

I do adjust my Rail to where it tracks perfect for one reason. If someone asks how well it tracks, I will let them peer through the scope as they move the top back and forth and marvel at how well it tracks.