Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is alinwa?

Where is alinwa?

Haven't seen him post for quite a while.

Maybe he can't log on either.

I sent him a message from here about a week ago to check on him but got no reply.

I know he has a channel on youtube but haven't checked that out to see if he's there.

Hope all is well. -Al

He got into a hissing contest with Joel back on 06-20-2020 and quit. That was the last we've heard from him. You can look it up.

I think that discussions on this forum are much less lively and interesting in general without him. On the other had, it seems his arguments with a variety of folks (including me) had become more and more heated and were often a couple of grains over maximum.

Divorce can be a hard thing. I'm sorry it came to that.

I donít miss him.
    He spewed bad information more than once. He magnified this what I call bad or false information and countered any remarks to the opposite with multitudes of posts. More than once it was easier to just let him rant and let the multitude decide what was right for them. And I told him more than once his attempt at down home baby talk wasnít convincing me of anything. And if he comes back, Iíll tell him again even though I figure he is reading this anyway. Incidentally, he was booted off of another forum, as well.

I hope he comes back. I don't agree with everything he has to say but I'm not offended. Al is Al and he has a right to be here.

Mort

Al had the right to be here until the boss said so.

Joe

I consider Al a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by liljoe View Post
    Al had the right to be here until the boss said so.

Joe
    You can be sure that there was real provocation. I have gotten along with Al just fine. But you do not want to insult someone when you are standing in his house.

Some folks take this internet stuff to seriously.

Just hope they don't believe all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    I consider Al a friend.
    Ditto, Butch.

While we often had differing opinions, he was always respectful in our exchanges.

His passion for shooting and family is clear. I wish him all the best. -Al
    Last edited by Al Nyhus; 11-23-2020 at 06:20 AM.

AL, a colorful character

He is.

Miss his replies and comments. Yes he is loud and boisterous but I am sure whatever he spoke of was never in a matter that would bring harm to one.

I for one am grateful for some testing he had done with the PPC and heavies. I asked him a question personally and a short time later he replied to me " guess what I am doing?"

In regards to where is Al, he has not even posted anything on his Youtube channel since about the start of Covid.

Calvin

I consider Al a friend.
    Along with Pol Pat, Kim Jon-um, Bashar al-Assad and myself.
    Last edited by Tim Oltersdorf; 11-23-2020 at 01:29 AM.

I consider Al a friend.
    Me too. Al is passionate about the things we talk about and is extremely knowledgeable. I know some people were offended when he disagreed with them, loudly. Sometimes his opinion might have been splitting hairs but he isn't one to back down.
    I didn't always agree with his assessments but He was spot on about many things. I guess he just rubbed some people the wrong way.

I had the privilidge to meet the late, great Tred Barta not long before his death. His fishing and bow hunting exploits were legendary and his show, "The Best and Worst of Tred Barta" was one of my favorites. In real life, many people disliked Tred intensely. He could certainly be brusque, but his worst quality was his honesty. He just wasn't one to soft pedal or use white lies.

I'm old enough to let others have their passion and not get offended by unintentional or imagined sleights. People are entitled to their opinion, at least in my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyd Allen View Post
    You can be sure that there was real provocation. I have gotten along with Al just fine. But you do not want to insult someone when you are standing in his house.
    OK..... I've heard thru my sources that my name had been invoked on BRC. So I came and read for a bit.

BOYD, to be crystal clear, I'm not "kicked off the forum" by The Sir Snidely Thee Whiplash as your post seems to imply.

I

just

moved

on