Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dave Brennan contact?

My original post was there in hopes that I could talk with Dave to revisit his knowledge of and experience with Ross Sherman and the Superior action. Dave wrote of owning at least two, one he chambered in 222 "Revenge". I have lost that article. If anyone has a copy from PS I would love a copy. If anyone knows where Dave's Superiors went, I would love to talk to the current owner. I am still collecting info on these rifles, and plan to submit an article to AS on #31 , Ross's own rifle, and Old Yeller 3rd, Fred Sinclair's Superior. Anyone who could forward a photo of a Superior they own earns extra points!

I did not know David, and understand he had a powerful personality that even after his passing seems to bring out some strong responses. I do know that I enjoyed PS, and I enjoyed his writing as well. For his family I am saddened at his passing.

We are diminished.

Parker aka Snert

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    My original post was there in hopes that I could talk with Dave to revisit his knowledge of and experience with Ross Sherman and the Superior action. Dave wrote of owning at least two, one he chambered in 222 "Revenge". I have lost that article. If anyone has a copy from PS I would love a copy. If anyone knows where Dave's Superiors went, I would love to talk to the current owner. I am still collecting info on these rifles, and plan to submit an article to AS on #31 , Ross's own rifle, and Old Yeller 3rd, Fred Sinclair's Superior.

Parker aka Snert
    Have you contacted Bob White at Shooters Corner? -Al

Hi Al,

Yes, I emailed Bob a couple years ago and the response was that he had no Superiors. I recently wrote again, with more detailed interest, and have not had a response.

Thanks,
    Parker

PS Copyright?

Does anyone know . . .

What is the copyright status of the contents of PS magazine?
    Many shooters would benefit from the online availability of some of the excellent articles published over the years.

Dave Brennan

Sorry to hear of his passing. While others had issues with Brennan, my relationship was somewhat different. While we enjoyed discussing the attributes (and lack thereof) of the .222, I did enjoy having several of my guns on the cover. He loved having photos that exhibited "composition". He was a character but so are all of us, in one way or the other.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cover.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	950.6 KB 
ID:	24081
    Last edited by David Apple; 10-24-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC57 View Post
    Does anyone know . . .

What is the copyright status of the contents of PS magazine?
    Many shooters would benefit from the online availability of some of the excellent articles published over the years.
    I'm not sure.

Dr. Dick Maretzo, a pretty well known BR shooter and dentist, was a partner in P.S. Magazine. If he's still around, maybe he could be of help on this? I do think there's a market for an online source for all the P.S. articles...I know I would certainly pay for it.

Here's the letter P.S. subscribers received regarding ending publication. As painful as this must have been to author, the man's wit and humor still bubble to the top. I'd like to think this nod to his water cooler line would get a grudging laugh from him.

Darn sad day.....

Last edited by Al Nyhus; 10-24-2020 at 09:52 AM.

I am now in possession of #5 Superior Rifle, once owned by a John Ambler of Colorado. If anyone knows of him I am collecting background on this rifle. I know it was sold by him and transferred hads several times. It is now a glue-in with an unk 6x50 barrel. My new toy i guess....

So anyone who has some 5.6x50 RWS brass in the closet, please send it my way...I need dies too!

BTW, The good dentist Maretzo was my coach at the BR school put on in Upstate NY back about 15 years ago. Fine man who was very patient with me.