Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got this today for my home lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    What is next on the list Jackie is it a Milling Machine.
    Probably a small mill.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    i was too.
    yes i think the heavier densier tool holder is a more solid hold...so yes less harmonics.
    I have a hodge-podge of toolholders, Aloris, Dorian, CDNN, Amazon, J&L (now part of MSC) and probably a few others. As someone mentioned, you replace the set screws on the imports and they're OK. That said, you can imagine that the Amazon units work better (they *do* look better), but I've never noticed a difference in any of them when I'm cutting.

GsT

i do not think i do anything heavy enough to really tell.
    but when i went from a 1000 lb lathe to a 2000 lb lathe, there was an increase in quality also.
    because vibration and harmonics CAN be an issue, i spend more bucks on the amazon tool holders....just one part time machinist's opinion.( i have seen harmonics as an issue on long thin parts bbl dia and less)
    ( way over in sun city)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
    I have a hodge-podge of toolholders, Aloris, Dorian, CDNN, Amazon, J&L (now part of MSC) and probably a few others. As someone mentioned, you replace the set screws on the imports and they're OK. That said, you can imagine that the Amazon units work better (they *do* look better), but I've never noticed a difference in any of them when I'm cutting.

GsT

You da Man, Man!!!

Glad you're still having fun!

PB