Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fireform 6PPC/6Beggs

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Jerry, I believe Jackie does or did this for fire forming.
    Now that doesn't surprise me. I bet Shelly Davidson could have whipped one up on a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    Now that doesn't surprise me. I bet Shelly Davidson could have whipped one up on a weekend.

Shelley didn't but probably could have.

Evidently you've never owned or driven a chebbie or ferde. How about a derge?
    nope just vdub's

Shelley didn't but probably could have.
    Yeah, he was a man who didn't understand limitations. He just went ahead and did it. God, I miss him

Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    nope just vdub's
    Having been in the VW business starting in 1968 I've owned many. My earliest was a split window, a 69 automatic stick shift and my favorite was my first, a 63 Type 1 with a 67 1500 engine. I've had numerous Type11 Kombis, Type11 PU, Type 111 fast backs and square backs, a couple Ghias, and a couple of the older notch backs and a Type4 Ghia. When living in Alaska I saw some of the odd ones as some of the Lufthansa pilots and other employees lived in Anchorage. I built a 59 Ghia with a Hewland 5 speed and a RX4 ported rotary motor. I installed Porsche 4 wheel disc brake from a 356SC. I still have a Type11 trans that I built with Hewland close ratio gears. Just sitting in a shed as I never used it.
    I liked the 1600cc engine classes and ran either a destroked 60x92 or a stroked 76x83 engine. Those were the days.
    My deep dark hole now is mainly walnut stocked rust blued hunting rifles.
    Sorry to get off topic.
    Last edited by Butch Lambert; 08-10-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    Yeah, he was a man who didn't understand limitations. He just went ahead and did it. God, I miss him
    Jerry, he did think out of the box, tuners, metal stocked BR rifle, a clamp on the muzzle to tighten the bore a couple tenths, funny looking wind indicators, and other things. One of our members here bought his lathe and moved it west.
    I was able to visit him in the hospital during his last days. Glenn Chism and I mowed and tidied up his yard for him. He was a great friend.

After he passed

Jerry, he did think out of the box, tuners, metal stocked BR rifle, a clamp on the muzzle to tighten the bore a couple tenths, funny looking wind indicators, and other things. One of our members here bought his lathe and moved it west.
    I was able to visit him in the hospital during his last days. Glenn Chism and I mowed and tidied up his yard for him. He was a great friend.
    Butch Lambert helped his widow sell some BR things. I bought a select shilen that Shelly acquired from the maker. I still have the blank. It looks wonderful down the tube and for some reason can't bring myself to get it chambered??

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    Butch Lambert helped his widow sell some BR things. I bought a select shilen that Shelly acquired from the maker. I still have the blank. It looks wonderful down the tube and for some reason can't bring myself to get it chambered??

Gary, it actually his daughter. She was a very fine young lady.

Thanks

Gary, it actually his daughter. She was a very fine young lady.

for the clarification. I used to enjoy his posts and his never ending and pretty innovative approach to rifle design and building.

I remember trying to walk around all the machinery in his garage. I'm surprised the slab supported the weight of all the stuff he had in there. IIRC the lathe was a 16X40 Victor. I remember when he turned it on, all you heard or felt was a faint hum.