Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifle match of the year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    MB,

I am excited. We have tried for years to make RFBR draw more shooters with only limited success. If this helps in that regard we all benefit.

But now I'm a little confused. I thought your production BR rifles were different from the ones Ivan built.

Ivan said exactly that. Here is his quote "The actions I have will not be the same as the one that goes into full production.

He also said he had a shooter that was going to be shooting his whole package and ammo.

Here is his quote. "On another note, Shelby Matoy will be shooting my complete package with the best ammo I have. I hear she's pretty tough in the ABRA."

Are you saying this is not the V22 BR/ F class action Vudoo package? But one of Ivan's 10X packages?

OK, you got me. I know you aren't really trying to get Daniel Boone and Quigley to shoot your rifles. But you did say you are looking for a top 5 shooter to do it, did you not?

Whatever, it will be a great way to get this thing started and to break the boredom from the stay at home Virus.

TKH
    I stand corrected Tony, you have more recent info than I do, which is an illustration of just how fast all this is moving. And, Ivan is correct, what he's doing is different than what the factory is doing....I simply misunderstood the context. I think I need to take a nap....

Yessir, I did say that, but in my sleep deprived state, maybe I should take the rest of the day off....

Yessir, correct again, a great way to break the boredom down and get people outside again....as I stated earlier, I'm happy that you're excited.

Thanks,
    MB

Mike, I have tried to follow carefully what you have incorporated into your pending BR offering.
    Could you offer, even generally, any information as to possible refinements/changes Ivans input will have in production units ?

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Mike, I have tried to follow carefully what you have incorporated into your pending BR offering.
    Could you offer, even generally, any information as to possible refinements/changes Ivans input will have in production units ?
    Yessir, it's mostly tighter tolerances in some key areas and some additional threaded features to offer redundancy for alignment, etc. I also increased the diameter of the eccentric pin that protrudes from the main body of the firing pin (it's a one piece firing pin) and slightly refined the location of the crescent impact. Outside of Ivan's review, I added an integral set of 11mm dovetails for Kelbly rings, but you'll also be able to use a multitude of other mounts/rails on top of the integral mounts. The single shot is quite a departure from what I've been doing with the repeaters, so only a few of the same components carry over from the repeaters. In essence, the single shot was from a clean sheet of paper.

MB

Thanks.