Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Here they go again

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Oriental, NC
    Posts
    960

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,866
    I suppose this opens up an whole new perspective on the old western theme of “selling guns to the Indians”.

    Seriously, Remington has been in and out of trouble for some time. How would new ownership change things so as to see a return to profitability.?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Oriental, NC
    Posts
    960
    My understanding is it ends the lawsuits. This probably means ending union obligations as well as debt. The debt and lawsuits are what did them in so quickly since 2018.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    1,752

    Perhaps

    if a minority NA group takes over the left will have less enthusiasm for attacking them. Then again, they could pirate the patents and equipment and sell everything off to oblivion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    I suppose this opens up an whole new perspective on the old western theme of “selling guns to the Indians”.

    Seriously, Remington has been in and out of trouble for some time. How would new ownership change things so as to see a return to profitability.?
    Most of Remington's debt was not taken out by Remington - it was foist upon them by their holding company (it was actually the debt that the holding company generated buying Remington - figure that one out!). Without that debt, Remington might have made it - but they way they've been mangling '700's and then the R51 make you wonder...

    GsT

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    810
    Navajo "Nation" - that will bring up some real problems for the left and their constant lawsuits. Think about the ramifications of the left trying to sue them. Sandy Hook - Ar style unit found in car - I never read any real evidence that it was actually used in the attack ( maybe I do not remember correctly), but sure was played up by the left and media - lot of smoke and mirrors around that whole episode. Eastern US - Whole lot of bought and paid for courts- similar to the 9th district out west.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    S.E. MI
    Posts
    2,264
    Quote Originally Posted by blades View Post
    Navajo "Nation" - that will bring up some real problems for the left and their constant lawsuits. Think about the ramifications of the left trying to sue them. Sandy Hook - Ar style unit found in car - I never read any real evidence that it was actually used in the attack ( maybe I do not remember correctly), but sure was played up by the left and media - lot of smoke and mirrors around that whole episode. Eastern US - Whole lot of bought and paid for courts- similar to the 9th district out west.
    I saw pictures of the CT Highway Patrol opening the truck. AR and Shotgun not used in attack....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    54

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    I suppose this opens up an whole new perspective on the old western theme of “selling guns to the Indians”.

    Seriously, Remington has been in and out of trouble for some time. How would new ownership change things so as to see a return to profitability.?
    Maybe their treaty will protect them from lawsuits. What's next Jack Daniels.
    Last edited by Gappmast; 07-04-2020 at 09:24 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ca.
    Posts
    676
    Hopefully there are not others getting close to having to do the samething. Unfortunately several are now on the tactical band wagon instead of managing and improving the quality of what they already had great success with. To me a firearm was a family heirloom and each very unique in its own way and would eventually be handed down.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    1,752

    If it is

    Quote Originally Posted by Gappmast View Post
    Maybe their treaty will protect them from lawsuits. What's next Jack Daniels.
    I sure hope they resurrect the original 90 proof black label, and ditch that 80 proof garbage. Dumbing that down when the alcohol tax went up in order to keep the price stable was dumb...ranks with "new" coke fiasco years ago. --Greg
    Last edited by glp; 07-06-2020 at 08:27 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    521
    FWIW today is the last day of Remington's 20% off of parts n stuff.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    1,752

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    FWIW today is the last day of Remington's 20% off of parts n stuff.
    but I've avoided Remington products for the last 20 years and see no reason to lament my decision.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NE cor of AL in Appalachian Mts.
    Posts
    10
    A broken company being run by the anti gun group that is determined to shutter the doors. Plain and simple. What happened - here are my views and some limited facts. When they announced the move to Huntsville Alabama, I was all ecstatic, They made statements that 2000 jobs were coming to Alabama. They signed agreements with the State of Alabama for millions of dollars if jobs came. Woo Hoo, Remington is going to be just down the road from me, how neat. What did they really do, they moved Bushmaster to Huntsville, purchased the suppressor company in Lawrenceville Ga and move them to Huntsville (AAC) and then started making the R51 pistol in Huntsville, which turned into having to stop production because they did not work. I had a distance acquaintance that got a job there, in the pistol part. Well, they did a layoff last year and he was one of those that went home. The newpaper article and TV stuff said that Alabama had refused to pay about 3 million dollars that was committed if 1000 jobs were at Remington. The paper said that as of last count by the State, about 395 people were in the plant and the layoff was to reduce that number by 200. That was last year. Appears I heard one of the rimfire production plants in KY was to move to Huntsville, I have no idea if that happened. Yes, Mike Walker and Jim Stekyl and those guys who lived and breathed guns and accuracy are gone for every from the doors of Remington. It is a sad state for this company that was at the top of the heap once. I think often of the pleasure of shooting on the next bench over from Mike Walker one time in the 1990's at Roanoke. He build Remington in the 50's, 60,s and 70's. The bean counters destroyed. I will never own that pistol that says "Remington made in Huntsville Alabama".

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NE cor of AL in Appalachian Mts.
    Posts
    10

    Unhappy

    Any of you old timers from the SE region remember Mike Walker coming to some of the shoots in the 1990's. He was living all of our dreams. The best I remember, he was around 97-98 years old. Stayed at the range in his camper with his girl friend. Like me and most of the old shooter, could not hear it thunder. could not see out of his right eye, so he had this crazy mount that moved the scope over so he could see out of his left eye. And was completive. Now guys, that is competition and the love of shooting. He was living somewhere in Florida and would drive up to some of the shoots. If I can just live that long and keep carrying the guns to a bench. And people wonder what happened to Remington - The Mike Walkers of the world all went home.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poetry, Tex.
    Posts
    6,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlecooner View Post
    Any of you old timers from the SE region remember Mike Walker coming to some of the shoots in the 1990's. He was living all of our dreams. The best I remember, he was around 97-98 years old. Stayed at the range in his camper with his girl friend. Like me and most of the old shooter, could not hear it thunder. could not see out of his right eye, so he had this crazy mount that moved the scope over so he could see out of his left eye. And was completive. Now guys, that is competition and the love of shooting. He was living somewhere in Florida and would drive up to some of the shoots. If I can just live that long and keep carrying the guns to a bench. And people wonder what happened to Remington - The Mike Walkers of the world all went home.

    I bought a couple of Mike's rifles before he passed. Jimmy Stekl is still shooting and is still living in Mohawk, NY.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •