Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Labradar Service

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    1,570

    Labradar Service

    I sent my Labradar in for service. The USB port for the external power had gotten sloppy. I left the package at a Fedex store around the corner at 4:11 PM yesterday, Thursday. It arrived at Labradar at 10:13 AM today, Friday. I received an email at 10:36 AM saying the unit was repaired and gave me instructions for paying for the repair. I received another emaill at 12:25 saying the unit had been shipped and gave me a UPS tracking number. That's really fast service. I hope they actually did something. UPS says it'll be back on Tuesday.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West central NH
    Posts
    571
    I had to send mine in. It was not very sensitive and would rarely trigger. It was turned around in a few days and it works great now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    I sent my Labradar in for service. The USB port for the external power had gotten sloppy. I left the package at a Fedex store around the corner at 4:11 PM yesterday, Thursday. It arrived at Labradar at 10:13 AM today, Friday. I received an email at 10:36 AM saying the unit was repaired and gave me instructions for paying for the repair. I received another emaill at 12:25 saying the unit had been shipped and gave me a UPS tracking number. That's really fast service. I hope they actually did something. UPS says it'll be back on Tuesday.
    Can I ask what they charged for that repair . Mine is the same power port is lose.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajshooter View Post
    Can I ask what they charged for that repair . Mine is the same power port is lose.
    $35.00 for the repair and $12.79 shipping.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    $35.00 for the repair and $12.79 shipping.
    Or you can get this:
    https://www.amazon.com/CAFELE-Magnet...0244742&sr=8-4

    My port was sloppy and I got tired of fighting with it. Saw a post on A.S. recommending it so I gave them a try. Problem solved.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    196
    I just wish they would write an instruction book for people that shoot.
    the current book has NO INSTRUCTIONS on how to change strings.
    get to the range with my new toy, and can record shoots but not change strings.
    ( it is posted on their site in faq BUT NOT IN THE USER GUIDE)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by CCrider View Post
    Or you can get this:
    https://www.amazon.com/CAFELE-Magnet...0244742&sr=8-4

    My port was sloppy and I got tired of fighting with it. Saw a post on A.S. recommending it so I gave them a try. Problem solved.
    Now you tell me. Well,that is pretty clever. Guess I'm gonna have to get some. Thanks for the heads up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    $35.00 for the repair and $12.79 shipping.
    I would pay to have it fixed if it gets bad enough.
    That being said they should fix for free and pay shipping.
    This looks like a weak link . I have several electronics with that connection and no problem.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    1,747

    I've seen

    a couple of these units exhibit a tough time picking up the bullet in flight no matter what the user did to line it up as instructed. They seem like a slick unit when they work. For the time being I'll stick with my tried and trusty Oehler 35.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West central NH
    Posts
    571
    That was the case with mine. It would not register a shot except when dangerously close to the muzzle, and then only about 3 shots in 100. I tried everything. I should not have hesitated to send it back because they fixed in for no charge and sent it back in a few days.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    Now you tell me. Well,that is pretty clever. Guess I'm gonna have to get some. Thanks for the heads up.
    You are welcome.
    I was having the same problem and dreaded boxing my unit up and sending it back. I lucked into the thread directing me to these. They work. I would use them even if I did not have the lose fit problem.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Poughquag, NY
    Posts
    3

    Labradar Fix

    I had the same problem trying to get the Labradar to reliably trigger, I finally found a reference to the following https://pietrecoiltrigger.com/ and the trigger has solved my problem. I must say the magnetic microusb is great as I never seem to have a very solid connection and occasionally the mhe LabRadar becomes disconnected.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    571
    Sounds like they may have ended up with a low bidder on the connector.

    While the electrical specs are pretty tight, the mechanical ones are not all that good.
    Thin metal used in connector shells needs to be rather hard to have a decent life.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
    Sounds like they may have ended up with a low bidder on the connector.

    While the electrical specs are pretty tight, the mechanical ones are not all that good.
    Thin metal used in connector shells needs to be rather hard to have a decent life.
    Hard to blame the folks at LR though. Things like small USB connectors are falling into the category of "you can't get a good one at any price". They've been cost reduced to near-worthlessness, which is fine with most of their users (electronics sellers) as they're selling commodity stuff that they expect you to throw away in a year or two anyway. If there are 'boutique' manufacturers making robust connectors, they are small and regular supply may be questionable. It's not a good situation for a company wanting to make something that will last for many years.

    GsT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •