Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waaithing to get Tested at this minute.

Waaithing to get Tested at this minute.

Shiela Jackson Lee announced last night on TV that a local CV19 testing facility for Seniors would be set up at the Jacinto City Heritage Hall this morning. I doubt she and I would agree on anything, but I guess she gets an attaboy for this.

I arrived at the opening bell, 10:AM, stood in line for over an hour to make an appointment. The appointment was for one. After standing in another line for 45 minutes, I was sent to a room with about 50 chairs, all spaced apart. My number is 91, they just called 52.

I have no symptoms, but this is for seniors, and that I am.

I figure I will be here at least two hours. Iím glad I brought my IPad.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1586198780
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	23470  

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Shiela Jackson Lee announced last night on TV that a local CV19 testing facility for Seniors would be set up at the Jacinto City Heritage Hall this morning. I doubt she and I would agree on anything, but I guess she gets an attaboy for this.

I arrived at the opening bell, 10:AM, stood in line for over an hour to make an appointment. The appointment was for one. After standing in another line for 45 minutes, I was sent to a room with about 50 chairs, all spaced apart. My number is 91, they just called 52.

Jackie are you feeling bad? Just seems not the place to be on purpose.

You might want to give old Sheila a hug! Chuckle chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by sdean View Post
    Jackie are you feeling bad? Just seems not the place to be on purpose.
    No, feel fine.

This was a service that was offered to Senior Citizens strictly as a precaution since we seem to be a very high risk demographic. As you walked up, they asked you some general health questions. Anyone answering in the affirmative to any of the symptomatic questions, I assumed, were moved away.

Nobody Here in line even seemed to be coughing, sneezing, or even ill in the slightest.

Just old.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 04-06-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Just got back in my truck. The whole thing took about 3 1/2 hours. They stick a q-tip way up your nose and bag it.

Results in two days.

Just got back in my truck. The whole thing took about 3 1/2 hours. They stick a q-tip way up your nose and bag it.

Results in two days.

Did Sheila ask you to grab your ankles?

Thank the Lord she was not there. But then neither was a TV camera.

Looks like a good place to get the virus.

My main reason for going was a tough call. But I might as well let it out.

14 days ago the superintendent of Glendale Shipyard came in sick. I have known him for 25 years. I had been at Glendale the day before, discussing a job.

He was tested the next day, he tested positive. They shut the shipyard down for 14 days.

He died last night.

Iím 73 years old. I was exposed.
    I think I had ample reason to be tested.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 04-06-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Good call Jackie

I'd have done the same thing..... if I could.

in fact most everyone I know would get tested, if we could.

Most of us feel we've already had it.

Good luck Jackie. I just got on the boat last week. If someone gets on here infected we will all get it. I am the oldest at 67 on here. With 9 people on here not enough room for social distancing. When it gets close to home all kinds of stuff runs through your mind.

You did right Jackie. You were thinking of your wife, kids, and grandchildren.

"Most of us feel we've already had it"

Talked to my RN daughter last night (On the phone and we stood 6' away from the mouthpiece) and she thinks like I do. Had the "CRUD" in late November and early December of last year. Never gave it a second thought.
    We both know LOTS of folks that figure they've already had the "CRUD" and no one made a big deal out of it then. NOW, it stops society in it's tracks. Same symptoms as the "Virus". Dry cough, fever, feel like death warmed over. Lasted less than a month for me. The wife's lasted a bit longer. She was concerned about the glands in her neck swelling so off tho the Doctor. Was told the swollen, sore glands were fighting a "virus" and no meds will stop it??
    She had to live with it a bit longer. She was already on the mend. They did a swab thing and said she had a VIRUS??
    Gee, never would have guessed.
    Being a "little older" as a lot of us are, doesn't hurt to play CYA. Hang in there Guys.

Good call, Jackie. -Al

You may

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
    "Most of us feel we've already had it"

Talked to my RN daughter last night (On the phone and we stood 6' away from the mouthpiece) and she thinks like I do. Had the "CRUD" in late November and early December of last year. Never gave it a second thought.
    We both know LOTS of folks that figure they've already had the "CRUD" and no one made a big deal out of it then. NOW, it stops society in it's tracks. Same symptoms as the "Virus". Dry cough, fever, feel like death warmed over. Lasted less than a month for me. The wife's lasted a bit longer. She was concerned about the glands in her neck swelling so off tho the Doctor. Was told the swollen, sore glands were fighting a "virus" and no meds will stop it??
    She had to live with it a bit longer. She was already on the mend. They did a swab thing and said she had a VIRUS??
    Gee, never would have guessed.
    Being a "little older" as a lot of us are, doesn't hurt to play CYA. Hang in there Guys.
    or may not have had it. If you didn't have CV19 don't behave like you have. Just a thought. I suppose you could be tested for anti-bodies. Good luck.