Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This sheltering in place SUCKS!!!

It does to a point

It is like practice for retirement. Thought I would retire at 60 but looks like it will be freedom 55 from my current job and when this BS clears up find a partime to supplement the shooting habit....LOL....Cannot handle the direction of the company I work for. 35 1/2 years will be enough in the Telco trades.

On the fun side my GF and I went to the range a few days ago and dialed in the 357 and .22 Buckmark. They are ready for the Zombie apocalypse. LOL.

The 686 can shoot. Can 1 hole at 25 yards if I can hold it steady enough.

Today was spent polishing it up along with the .40 S&W and the Buckmark. Love the 686.

My baby....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200325_123440.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	23425  

Quote Originally Posted by CYanchycki View Post
    It is like practice for retirement. Thought I would retire at 60 but looks like it will be freedom 55 from my current job and when this BS clears up find a partime to supplement the shooting habit....LOL....Cannot handle the direction of the company I work for. 35 1/2 years will be enough in the Telco trades.

On the fun side my GF and I went to the range a few days ago and dialed in the 357 and .22 Buckmark. They are ready for the Zombie apocalypse. LOL.

The 686 can shoot. Can 1 hole at 25 yards if I can hold it steady enough.

Today was spent polishing it up along with the .40 S&W and the Buckmark. Love the 686.

My baby....
    Spalted Maple ??

What you gonna do

Quote Originally Posted by glynn angle View Post
    Spalted Maple ??
    for health insurance? Coverage from the Telco, pay the long dollar for an individual plan or go sans? Remember you don't qualify for medicare, under current rules, till you turn 65. Good luck with whatever you do.

In regards to Health Care

Well being Canadian that does not matter. Remember as taxpayers we all pay for this dearly.

In regards to plans for Dental, prescriptions, eyewear etc I have 3 options. When I started out we were a Provincial crown corporation then the Provincial government privatized us. So being grandfathered I can opt for the provincial retirement plan, a retirement plan thru Manulife who our current employer uses or shop on my own.

Working aloft on ladders and climbing poles, lots of crawling around under desks etc my knees and hips are starting to give me grief. At 54 I never thought from my hips down I would ache so much.

In regards to the Burl I will have to ask the better looking one in the house. She got that from her brother who lives in Vancouver. He found it, cleaned it up and finished it.

Day 7

Day 7

Name:	Day 7.jpeg 
Views:	273 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	23429  

Day 8

Day 8

Name:	Day 8.jpeg 
Views:	148 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	23430  

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by CYanchycki View Post
    Well being Canadian that does not matter. Remember as taxpayers we all pay for this dearly.

In regards to plans for Dental, prescriptions, eyewear etc I have 3 options. When I started out we were a Provincial crown corporation then the Provincial government privatized us. So being grandfathered I can opt for the provincial retirement plan, a retirement plan thru Manulife who our current employer uses or shop on my own.

Working aloft on ladders and climbing poles, lots of crawling around under desks etc my knees and hips are starting to give me grief. At 54 I never thought from my hips down I would ache so much.

In regards to the Burl I will have to ask the better looking one in the house. She got that from her brother who lives in Vancouver. He found it, cleaned it up and finished it.

its a physical job alright. in college i worked 2 summers for New England Tel and Tel in the cable splicing crew. Long hours, hot, lots of biting bugs but good pay. I enjoyed it. Got pretty good with belt and climbers although our above ground height seldom exceeded 25-30 feet.

My day?

working around some of our oak trees, cutting competition and giving the oaks more sunlight. hopefully more acorns down the road for the deer.

They make bib bucks

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    its a physical job alright. in college i worked 2 summers for New England Tel and Tel in the cable splicing crew. Long hours, hot, lots of biting bugs but good pay. I enjoyed it. Got pretty good with belt and climbers although our above ground height seldom exceeded 25-30 feet.
    I was told a Lineman makes 150k .

Pete

Dang, I feel fortunate that my shop is an “essential” business.

Perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    I was told a Lineman makes 150k .

Pete
    the high voltage power line guys do, but they work their butts off for it. I doubt the local telco linemen do but I've been wrong before. with enough OT it may happen.

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    working around some of our oak trees, cutting competition and giving the oaks more sunlight. hopefully more acorns down the road for the deer.
    You cannot believe our acorn crop this year. I am heavily wooded, but it appears we have a solid 1" cover on all of my property. We do have a large deer population.