Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you go to an out of town match at this time??

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    I think we should enact a National Day Of Everybody Watching Python's 'The Search For The Holy Grail'

And make everyone write a report on it to show they understand

Only if you watch One flew over the cuckoo's nest .
    Four zip.
    Hole's gettin pretty deep, Al, don't stop shoveling.
    Yep, somebody is digging a hole that's going to be tough to climb out of.....but it ain't Al.
    Funny thing about common sense, it's extremely uncommon.

Rick

cover-19

During my life, i have seen,up close, too much death and the collateral emotional damage it causes.

I just recently learned that a vietnam vet friend, that I was in country with, is in ICU,after having contracted the covid-19. He was a Helicopter door gunner. We hunted together on my Deer lease, for seven years. We Had a lot of fun. He’s a great guy who doesn’t deserve to go out with a bad virus.
    Hope he wins this battle.

I dont have a degree in communicable diseases and their treatments ,so I will reserve opinions about how the country should handle this crisis to ,”Find a vaccine quick."

I remember the old folks used to say, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure “

Glenn

don't hold your breath for a vaccine...... it's a freaking VIRUS...... been looking for that vaccine for 90yrs

... "hope" ain't never saved nobody.

I wish your friend a speedy recovery.

As per the ounce of prevention.... as I posted earlier, some of us HAVE raised our young to wash their hands after touching, to cough into their own clothes, to "NOT TOUCH" in public places...... from restrooms to gaspumps to their own faces.

You raise window lickers, they'll be covered in warts & wens their whole lives unto the third and fourth generation.

And PET people!!! OHHH My Word..... fer cryin' out loud don't get me started!

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post

I wish your friend a speedy recovery.

!

Its a good chance he will, he's a fighter.

thanks

Ho-Leee Kowww.........

I think we here in WA just reached one a' them "tipping points!"

We're in the heart of volcano country but the ground rumble tonight is something else entirely.

Our beloved governor Jay Inslee just issued an edict which is IMO his political death warrant.... he actually has used the words "essential worker" in his decree issued at 5:46PM PST. As of Wed the 25th of March The Year Of Our Lord 2020 all drivers on the roads must have papers declaring them to be "essential workers" else they're in violation of the law.....and the police are expected to "enforce it"....... social media is simply frothing with passion. Mothers and sons, men, women and children from across the spectrum are boiling with "let them TRY pull me from my car for going to buy toilet paper!"

I (and all other employers) am instructed to gether my employees tomorrow and pick out the "essential ones".... and issue them signed paperwork to that effect which "they shall carry on their persons at all times" and produce them on demand.

And not lose them under pain of penalty.....

I'm sorry to say, I'm laffing uproariously and the people around me are ready to punch me

And of course my BeLoverly Wife Of All Time posted the "essential worker" scene from Schindler's List..... I don't "do facebook" but I know the scene...

So Wilbur, I apologize in advance, I've said too much already. I'll stop.

But to any and all you'se groundpounding WA LEO's out there, I DO support you all the way, but I do not envy you this day!

God Speed

al

out

So Wilbur, I apologize in advance,..............not really
    I’ve said too much already.........................sure have
    I’ll stop.............................................. ......you can’t, you won’t.

Lost it.

Well, I finally lost it...Was just in CVS. Saw a man whose cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, everything that people need!! I called him a selfish A, and gave him a low down about the elderly, moms, and people who need these types of things. Told him he should be freaking ashamed of himself!

He said: “Are you done? Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now...”

Well folks, there you have it.
    If you’re drag racing or if you are running a group,
    You need a good set of brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coots View Post
    Well, I finally lost it...Was just in CVS. Saw a man whose cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, everything that people need!! I called him a selfish A, and gave him a low down about the elderly, moms, and people who need these types of things. Told him he should be freaking ashamed of himself!

He said: “Are you done? Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now...”
    Dave, do we shop at the same stores?

Asking for a friend..... -Al

Dave, I just read that to my wife, leaving out the last sentence..........until I had her comment.

She’s still laughing.

a window licking pet person

Okay, okay I promise to hire a real window washer but I will never close down Uncle Timmy's Bat World. Tim

Wondering

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Ho-Leee Kowww.........

I think we here in WA just reached one a' them "tipping points!"

We're in the heart of volcano country but the ground rumble tonight is something else entirely.

Our beloved governor Jay Inslee just issued an edict which is IMO his political death warrant.... he actually has used the words "essential worker" in his decree issued at 5:46PM PST. As of Wed the 25th of March The Year Of Our Lord 2020 all drivers on the roads must have papers declaring them to be "essential workers" else they're in violation of the law.....and the police are expected to "enforce it"....... social media is simply frothing with passion. Mothers and sons, men, women and children from across the spectrum are boiling with "let them TRY pull me from my car for going to buy toilet paper!"

I (and all other employers) am instructed to gether my employees tomorrow and pick out the "essential ones".... and issue them signed paperwork to that effect which "they shall carry on their persons at all times" and produce them on demand.

And not lose them under pain of penalty.....

I'm sorry to say, I'm laffing uproariously and the people around me are ready to punch me

And of course my BeLoverly Wife Of All Time posted the "essential worker" scene from Schindler's List..... I don't "do facebook" but I know the scene...

So Wilbur, I apologize in advance, I've said too much already. I'll stop.

But to any and all you'se groundpounding WA LEO's out there, I DO support you all the way, but I do not envy you this day!

God Speed

al

out
    Washington 487 deaths. Wondering how many deaths from the flu in a normal year?????

Oh ya Congress

They should be tarred and feathered and then hung for the pork bill they passed in the name of an epidemic. Low life ba$tards.

Later
    Dave

They should be tarred and feathered and then hung for the pork bill they passed in the name of an epidemic. Low life ba$tards.

Later
    Dave
    I can't talk about this subject because it triggers the snowflakes but thanks for noticing

At least the fact that my wallet is MUCH lighter and will be for the foreseeable future makes them happier in their collective tummies..... so I guess the old saw "every shot makes SOMEBODY happy" is still true.

"God Bless Them Every One"