Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 169

Thread: Would you go to an out of town match at this time??

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,997
    Quote Originally Posted by sdean View Post
    You might be right Francis........
    'hope springs eternal'


  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    'hope springs eternal'

    So far he has you at one to zero.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,997
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    So far he has you at one to zero.
    The sad thing is.... you have no idea from whence my sentiment springs.

    You have no idea what I'm saying with the phrase "hope springs eternal."

    I am glad though that you trust our government, that is best. For you.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    The sad thing is.... you have no idea from whence my sentiment springs.

    You have no idea what I'm saying with the phrase "hope springs eternal."

    I am glad though that you trust our government, that is best. For you.
    No dumbass, I trust the legion of doctors saying the same thing. Apparantly your sentiment springs from crazytown.
    Actually, the sad thing is, irrespective of your message, you somehow believe you become more correct if you repeat it on multiple forums about 100 times.
    Every single soul is wrong, you are the sole correct perspective.

    Two to zero.
    Last edited by tim; 03-23-2020 at 06:23 PM.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Angelo, Texas (West Texas)
    Posts
    1,613
    Is there any match worth the risk to life even though the risk may be slight? I am a very important person to my family. I think I would stay home.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    428
    You said it, Bill.
    And tim.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wynne View Post
    Is there any match worth the risk to life even though the risk may be slight? I am a very important person to my family. I think I would stay home.
    Well, yeahhh, I guess that's logical..... considering the simple FACT that more people die in a week, out on the roadways than the virus has taken in 3 months..... it's completely logical to stay home and not drive. Almost 100 people a day die driving....

    I don't expect this virus to kill as many people in total as driving kills in one week here in our United States Of American Bliss...... EVERY ordinary day=100 dead. It just might take as many as a normal week of the flu.... (since this can't be counted into the 36,000 that the flu will take on average, cuz it's not the flu hey!)....mainly the elderly..... primarily infected by their young.....

    Using these numbers the obvious answer is for everybody everywhere to adopt a new policy where all folks under 65 just stay away from all folks over 65......FOREVER...... We wouldn't want the younkers to KILL 'em with the flu would we???

    So, as I said, "hope springs eternal"..... all the timmies out there are hoping that Al's wrong and that lots more die to prove it, and furthermore, IF THEY DON'T, then there's the proof!.....our bounteous goobermint SAVED US from ruin!

    And obviously, it then follows that in abject thankfulness for their munificence we PAY them magnificently

    (there, I gave them an out.... now they can claim "yeahh! with al it's all about the money!!")


    LOL



    I think we should enact a National Day Of Everybody Watching Python's 'The Search For The Holy Grail'

    And make everyone write a report on it to show they understand....


    edited uhmmmmmm, cuz I got my FACTS wrong ..... LOL

    hopefully fixed now
    Last edited by alinwa; 03-23-2020 at 09:52 PM.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,745
    Three zip, you're fading fast.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Tawas, Michigan
    Posts
    312
    Just checked statistics: according to the National Highway Traffic Administration for the year 2018 (the most recent numbers available), the daily auto traffic death rate was 98. A sad end for those unfortunate souls, but a far cry from 3000.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,745
    I think we should enact a National Day Of Everybody Watching Python's 'The Search For The Holy Grail'

    And make everyone write a report on it to show they understand

    Only if you watch One flew over the cuckoo's nest .
    Four zip.
    Hole's gettin pretty deep, Al, don't stop shoveling.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,745
    Anybody remember this guy?
    You thoght he died but is alive and well in Wa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E8407D0-C315-474A-AD36-6D55F263A99E.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	23422  

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Angelo, Texas (West Texas)
    Posts
    1,613

    For now, I will pass.

    I know where Al is coming from and I respect him for it. Al, I am optimistic too. I don't think shooting with a group outside in the open air is near as dangerous as sitting in a closed room with fifty people all day but let us not minimize this thing. I am reasonably certain that we will not get out of this life alive but let's not rush it. Even if you or I do not get this virus, we don't want any fellow shooters to get it.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,997
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyTaber View Post
    Just checked statistics: according to the National Highway Traffic Administration for the year 2018 (the most recent numbers available), the daily auto traffic death rate was 98. A sad end for those unfortunate souls, but a far cry from 3000.
    I was wrong, I used world data inadvertantly. My mistake.

    YES, it's 98/day almost exactly the same as the flu

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,997
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Anybody remember this guy?
    You thoght he died but is alive and well in Wa.
    HEY! I resemble that remark!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wynne View Post
    I know where Al is coming from and I respect him for it. Al, I am optimistic too. I don't think shooting with a group outside in the open air is near as dangerous as sitting in a closed room with fifty people all day but let us not minimize this thing. I am reasonably certain that we will not get out of this life alive but let's not rush it. Even if you or I do not get this virus, we don't want any fellow shooters to get it.
    I wish folks would understand that every time an adult says "even though the risk may be slight, better safe than sorry"...... and then proceeds to do something much riskier....

    A kid is watching.

    I know this because I was that kid.

    I still am.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •