Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you go to an out of town match at this time??

Until I actually see a pandemic I will treat this as another Y2K. The sky is not falling yet.

Later
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Rarely, have I read anything so absolutely stupid.
    The good news is you're far ahead for this weeks Darwin award.
    Within a few weeks we will have treatment drugs rolling out, after that a vaccine down the road. As of right now......absolutely zero .
    Ultimately it wiil be handled......right now, most are behind the curve.
    I take a flu shot every year, along with the pneumonia vaccine that older people should get. I also had the Shingles Shot after watching my younger brother go through pure hell with a bout.

Itís just common sense.

Common sense now says do the prudent thing until medical science has a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    I take a flu shot every year, along with the pneumonia vaccine that older people should get. I also had the Shingles Shot after watching my younger brother go through pure hell with a bout.

Itís just common sense.

Common sense now says do the prudent thing until medical science has a better solution.
    The pneumonia vaccine is supposed to really help the respiratory impact of potential infection.
    Remember, the big story here is that while this corona is serious, a common cold is a corona and 4-5 big pharma companies are working on a joint effort for therapeutics aimed at covid, and they are going at the speed of light.
    For what I read ( several top flight investment research papers on Pharma) treatment will come pretty quickly but, hell, be careful until they arrive.

I went to my Costco yesterday to pick up a few things and, once inside, saw the checkout lines going to the back of the store. So I sauntered through the store singing "The sky is falling, the sky is falling" Think I got more smiles than glares. Left without buying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Rarely, have I read anything so absolutely stupid.
    The good news is you're far ahead for this weeks Darwin award.

Yeahh, I get that a lot

3 of the folks in this thread have taken opportunity to call me stupid in times past.

Notice my avatar? "Oft dis'd member"

I've earned it

Nice thing for you is, you've got the masses behind you, you'll always have support.

While I'll still be crying in the wilderness.......

When this is all over with, and if, it turns out to be not as bad as was predicted, there are those that will say ďI was right, all hypeĒ. But, will the severity REALLY be less BECAUSE of the hype and people took proper precautions. Difficult to prove either way.

As a medical professional, I delivered direct patient care for 30 years...through the Swine Flu, Avian (Bird) Flu, Zika, the nasty AIDS/HIV blow up, Ebola, and back around to the new resurgence of Tuberculosis (thanks to the rabid anti-vaccination nuts).

Like most things in life, common sense and solid, basic precautions get you about 90% of the way.

Martin Luther responded to anxious Germans who...way back in 1527...were themselves facing the prospect of an epidemic. Luther wrote that above all else the Christianís duty is to care for oneís neighbor. That included, according to Luther, taking care of the most vulnerable, following the best medical advice available, and avoiding unnecessary risks.

Still pretty good advice in 2020. -Al
    Last edited by Al Nyhus; 03-16-2020 at 07:31 AM.

As you sow, so shall you reap.
    10,717 post X .01 = Seems about right

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Yeahh, I get that a lot

3 of the folks in this thread have taken opportunity to call me stupid in times past.

Notice my avatar? "Oft dis'd member"

I've earned it

Nice thing for you is, you've got the masses behind you, you'll always have support.

While I'll still be crying in the wilderness.......

We are careful, but I agree with Al.

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    As you sow, so shall you reap.
    10,717 post X .01 = Seems about right
    As I've said before Franny......"same planet, different worlds."

Your heros run around wearing gold stars

Mine die in hospital beds, alone

This may be out of line, but I pray that some day we'll enter a phase where adults can look at things like contrasting the uptick in suicides with "coronavirus deaths" ........ weigh costs with something other than agenda-driven hysteria

This is

Supposedly why the civilized world is so great. We are free to voice our opinions. Some love them and some hate them.

I will take the words from my brother...

"I truly believe my life isnít mine, it belongs to someone higher. If they want me dead of Covid, cancer, heart attack, car accident so be it. I will live my life based on the choices Iím dealt."

Calvin

Many of my heroes died young in foreign fields.
    Others have died in charred ruins.
    I survived.
    Anybody can die in a hospital bed.
    You can have that death.
    I guess I donít understand the gold star remark.
    So youíve wasted a slur.

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    ...m
    So youíve wasted a slur.
    No slur, just different heroes. Different definition of "heroic".

A friend once said "when it's checkout time, it's checkout time." I believe that. We don't get to choose our time and place of passing generally. However, we can listen to the best advice out there and act accordingly.

At this hour whole countries in Europe are shut down. Iran is burying dead in mass trenches. In Italy, they don't have places to put all the bodies. Some U.S. states have shut down all schools, bars and restaurants and some have banned gatherings of over 25 people. Many people that had jobs on Friday will not be going to those jobs tomorrow. People won't be able to buy food and pay their rent.

Our governments aren't doing this to mess with our heads. They are trying to keep us alive.

It took a lot of folks in this country a good bit of time to take WWII seriously. This is beginning to seem a lot like that.

My wife and I may not die from this, but it for sure will make it a lot harder to retire. The financial impact will be lasting. I fully expect to lose friends and possibly relatives.

I don't subscribe to B.S. Covid-19 is not B.S.