Thread: Barrel tuners

Barrel tuners

I'm familiar with how rimfire tuners are set up with the weight of the tuner in front of the muzzle. How about on a centerfire does the weight go behind the muzzle. I'm thinking about the ones that look like a rimfire tuner is the muzzle pretty much flush with the front of the tuner. I cant seem to find a picture that shows the front.
    Thanks Les

Les,

Felt compelled to post since you are a neighbor,,, Iím in Wichita.

I am not a tuner guru, but you will find people using centerfire tuners both in front of, and behind the muzzle.

Mark

Re: Tuners

Les,
    Since shooters have had sucess with both types, you pay your money and take your chances
    Personally I have had great success with Mike Ezell's tuners (forward of muzzle) on both my PPC's and 30 BR.
    Several other shooters at our club have used Mike's tuners and are pleased with the results.
    Not a commercial for PDF tuners, just based on experience and results.
    IMHO preloading and barrel tuners have sure made BR easier and more enjoyable.
    Hope this helps,
    Greg

tuners

thanks for the help I'm building a new gun and thought I'd incorporate a tuner on my barrel ,just looking for opinions berore I start cutting and threading.

markharp any shooting going on in Wichita?

My experience with tuners that are beyond the muzzle have a wider tune range and less sensitive.

tuner

Thanks Butch

There are several schools of thought

on ahead of the crown or behind the crown tuners. I won't get into it on this forum so PM me if interested.

Richard Brensing

Les, there is a non registered score shoot at Air Capital Gun Club. I think itís monthly. You can find the info on their web page.

Les, if you are serious about tuners, take up Richardís offer. Doubt if many have studied tuners and how to use them as much as Richard.