Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder question

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Oltersdorf View Post
    Walt Berger was shooting at the Cactus. He told me he was 91. He also told me this T 322 was not T powder but some lot of 8208. Holy cow, 91 and still shooting! This defies normal human physiology. I suspect some mystic pharmacological elixir like Monkey Gland Extract, Dr. Xeno's life prolonging syrup or most likely the occult. I am going to the nearest cemetery, get a dead skunk, twirl it around and sling it over a fresh grave, shouting "skunk, skunk, spin, spin, make that 5th. shot go in." The result would probably smell similar to the final group; but it just might work. Tim

hmm....The bottle my T-powder came in says T-32,lot 2. I wonder if its some lot of 8208.

Glenn

Far be it from me to question Walt, but didn't T-32 come from three lots of military 8208? Walt and Don Geraci found one of the three to shoot best and that become T-32. The other 2 lots were jugged as Thunderbird 8208...and they were labeled "8208".

My dad has an unopened jug of T-32 from the 80's (same container as yours).

-Lee
    www.singleactions.com
    Last edited by Lee Martin; 03-19-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Martin View Post
    Far be it from me to question Walt, but didn't T-32 come from three lots of military 8208? Walt and Don Geraci found one of the three to shoot best and that become T-32. The other 2 lots were jugged as Thunderbird 8208...and they were labeled "8208".

My dad has an unopened jug of T-32 from the 80's (same container as yours).

-Lee
    www.singleactions.com

Yes,I've heard that T powder story before.Makes you wonder,How much of the notoriety of This old powder can be mostly attributed To the shooting skills of Walt Berger, Don Geraci and others.

Wish I had a private shooting range in my backyard.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Oltersdorf View Post
    Walt Berger was shooting at the Cactus. He told me he was 91. He also told me this T 322 was not T powder but some lot of 8208. Holy cow, 91 and still shooting! This defies normal human physiology. I suspect some mystic pharmacological elixir like Monkey Gland Extract, Dr. Xeno's life prolonging syrup or most likely the occult. I am going to the nearest cemetery, get a dead skunk, twirl it around and sling it over a fresh grave, shouting "skunk, skunk, spin, spin, make that 5th. shot go in." The result would probably smell similar to the final group; but it just might work. Tim
    I shot beside Mike Walker at Weikert in HV 100 when he was 92.Jeff Stover has the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chism G View Post
    Yes,I've heard that T powder story before.Makes you wonder,How much of the notoriety of This old powder can be mostly attributed To the shooting skills of Walt Berger, Don Geraci and others.

Wish I had a private shooting range in my backyard.

Glenn
    For years, the best Benchrest Shooter ever shot T, and everybody just had to have it. If I just had some T.

The question always came up,......what will happen when he runs out of T?

Well, he finally did run out, and switched to 133.

He just kept on winning.