Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Please help me identify this rifle!! Rare??

Quote Originally Posted by Ceow717 View Post
    Probably true but dang itís good looking.

Hang on.... THAT'S the Speedy gun???

I take back all I speculated

I can't see anything you've got as agg'ing under moa @1K

I'll be happy to be proven wrong

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post

Al, I don't think the woodstock gun is a Speedy, but it has a nice stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Looks to me like some of the Dakota/Kimber/Cooper girls' work on my phone screen

WAIT'afriggin' minnit...... ain't that just one a' them 25-06 "Winchester M70 Classics"???? I got one a' them in the safe, I'll go look when I get home.... that will N E V E R in a hunner't years agg moa@1K I don't care if Speedy licked it clean AND poured his special sauce onnit.....

Al,the mod70 Classics that I have seen were post64 and had all blue receiver and barrel.

Al,the mod70 Classics that I have seen were post64 and had all blue receiver and barrel.
    You're probably right..... I don't really register factory offerings any more.... but I'll rescind my opinion if that's the -06.... and note that that's a pretty gunky hunk of walnut with some decent checkering on it so "maybe-maybe-maybe it's kinda' accurized inside???"

But I doubt it.

Sooo..... Ceow717, I'm gonna' re-state my position. I'm still not getting on board with these guys but I'll rescind my vote for Speedy Gonzales' gun.

But I also completely disbelieve a factory Savage can get the job done after spending (wasting?) time on a half-dozen really expensive Savages over last 5-6yrs.

Agg'ing 1moa at a thousand is no joke, even though 6.5CM's do it all over the innernet all day when guys do their part

Itís a Speedy gun 100%

Looks to me like some of the Dakota/Kimber/Cooper girls' work on my phone screen

It says SG & Y 25-06 AI on the barrel.

You're probably right..... I don't really register factory offerings any more.... but I'll rescind my opinion if that's the -06.... and note that that's a pretty gunky hunk of walnut with some decent checkering on it so "maybe-maybe-maybe it's kinda' accurized inside???"

But I doubt it.

Sooo..... Ceow717, I'm gonna' re-state my position. I'm still not getting on board with these guys but I'll rescind my vote for Speedy Gonzales' gun.

But I also completely disbelieve a factory Savage can get the job done after spending (wasting?) time on a half-dozen really expensive Savages over last 5-6yrs.

Agg'ing 1moa at a thousand is no joke, even though 6.5CM's do it all over the innernet all day when guys do their part

Iíll probably just end up buying a creedmoor... Iíll try with the savage for fun. Iíve got space, time and ammo

How can I prove this to you?

Anything could happen. He sure didn't do the stock and as I said, the stock is nice. Still, if you are wanting accuracy, it ain't the right caliber. Speedy can build an accurate rifle, but that is a hunting rifle only.

Anything could happen. He sure didn't do the stock and as I said, the stock is nice. Still, if you are wanting accuracy, it ain't the right caliber. Speedy can build an accurate rifle, but that is a hunting rifle only.
    The stock is a Dakota Arms. The action is pre-64 Model 70. I donít think thatís my thousand yard rifle either, I just think itís really friggin cool.

The stock is a Dakota Arms. The action is pre-64 Model 70. I donít think thatís my thousand yard rifle either, I just think itís really friggin cool.
    now THAT I can get behind !

......now I managed to get myself into a bet where I have to hit MOA at 1000 yards.....
    It's not easy to do that with the very best of rifles. 1000 yards almost always offers a little wind and in my opinion that's what will cost you the 2 bucks. Just say you don't think you can do it and pay the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    It's not easy to do that with the very best of rifles. 1000 yards almost always offers a little wind and in my opinion that's what will cost you the 2 bucks. Just say you don't think you can do it and pay the bet.
    With all due respect, telling someone not to try is pretty much the worst advice ever.