Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Scope for Benchrest Under 500.00

Which Scope for Benchrest Under 500.00

Whats you thoughts on a scope for rimfire benchrest for 500.00 or under

Quote Originally Posted by mrh1958 View Post
    If you raise your sights a little ( no pun intended ) This would be all the scope you would ever need in BR. https://outdoors.natchezss.com/bestsellers/Weaver-46x

I have three Weaver T-36's on my BR rifles and I have no complaints on them...

Weaver T 36
    Put a booster on it and it gets even better

DAN

//outdoors.natchezss.com/bestsellers/Weaver-46x[/URL][/QUOTE]

Concerned; I have one of these. I bought it for rimfire benchrest. It won't focus at 50 yards. Beyond 75 or so, its a great scope for the money. It is currently on a 6BR. I am pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hepburn45110 View Post
    //outdoors.natchezss.com/bestsellers/Weaver-46x[/URL]
    Concerned; I have one of these. I bought it for rimfire benchrest. It won't focus at 50 yards. Beyond 75 or so, its a great scope for the money. It is currently on a 6BR. I am pleased with it.[/QUOTE]

It most certainly will, and a fair bit shorter. I'd guess you have eyepiece /reticle adjustment improperly set, or you have one with a problem.

I have a Sightron SII 36x42 on one of my 6PPCs and am very happy with it. Under $500.00.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Concerned; I have one of these. I bought it for rimfire benchrest. It won't focus at 50 yards. Beyond 75 or so, its a great scope for the money. It is currently on a 6BR. I am pleased with it.
    It most certainly will, and a fair bit shorter. I'd guess you have eyepiece /reticle adjustment improperly set, or you have one with a problem.[/QUOTE]

Its the scope. I put it on a "dog" gun. It performs admirably at 100 and beyond. Not bad mouthing the scope. Just pointing out a possible inadequacy. I would purchase another when one is needed .

Quote Originally Posted by hepburn45110 View Post
    //outdoors.natchezss.com/bestsellers/Weaver-46x[/URL]
    Concerned; I have one of these. I bought it for rimfire benchrest. It won't focus at 50 yards. Beyond 75 or so, its a great scope for the money. It is currently on a 6BR. I am pleased with it.[/QUOTE]

Iíve heard others complain of the same problem. One in particular, who knows what heís doing adjusting a scope, had the same issue. Plus Weavers service is spotty at best, warranty doesnít transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by mrh1958 View Post
    At that price point Iíd look at the Sightron 36X. Good service, lifetime warranty.

Got a really good price on the Sightron from Bob White at The Shooter's Corner.

Bob

Considering

Weaver is no more, the Sightron looks good. I have one of the 36's and some 6X and have always had good rusults from them.

Pete

Weaver is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    Weaver is no more, the Sightron looks good. I have one of the 36's and some 6X and have always had good rusults from them.

Pete
    A shooting sent a T-36 in for a repair. Bushnell replaced it with a far inferior scope. Love my T-36 scopes, but when they break, they will be gone. I also have some Sightron S II 36x scopes. IMO, very comparable to the T-36. I recommend you look at them. YMMV

Here's the thing...scopes at $500 or less will either be rock solid or drift a bit. Finding one that's rock solid is not a problem but you may have to go through a couple or three. A scope that drifts doesn't drift far but is useless for Benchrest shooting. Just fine for other things but not for Benchrest.

I have often heard

one should pay as much for their scope as they have for their rifle. It isn't a bad theory.

Pete