Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Tack Driver Showdown sponsored by IBS

Attached are the rules and preregistration form

Limited to the first 160 guns!
    Attached Files Attached Files

For a number of years we have held an informal Score shoot here in Utopia, TX using basically this format. We hold the shoot in mid January and hence call it the Freezer because you just do not know what the weather may offer. We shoot the 200 yard score target placed at 300 yards. The extra 100 yards will humble you.
    Our shoot started out as a .22 centerfire match but has morphed into a run what you brung match. We have no weight limit. After a number of years, no one has managed a 250 score. We have been close but never perfect.
    Since it is pretty informal, we do have a couple of interesting rules.
    1. You get one mulligan shot for the entire match.
    2. If anyone is getting too serious about the match, we refer them to the head jokester for an attitude adjustment.

Joe

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by willytp View Post
    So, you wonít be needing a camper slot at the range?
    My days of foolishness have long gone.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Stover View Post
    It will be either three or four group targets and the same number of score targets.

Just got word from Vapor Trail bullets that they are kicking in $1,000 into the payback!!

Yes, 2020 and not 2010.

Pete, this is NOTHING like my attempt to start an AR class. Yes, semis are welcome, and some may, since they will be in a different division compare to purpose-built bolt bench guns. We are shooting 300 meter IBS group and Score targets. Some have suggested to me that the 600 yard rifles will beat the 6PPCs at 330 yards. Maybe, maybe not. We are trying to inject some fun, some buzz, and energy into benchrest shooting. Accurateshooter.com will be tooting the horn of The Tack Driver too, so we will have very wide PR in the accuracy community. Jack Neary, of the Capstone Precision Group (Lapua, VihtaVouri and Berger) has pledged his full support and good offices. Vapor Trail is in. So, no, it is not a waste of bandwidth. Our sport needs a pulse.

Jeff
    If I'm wrong about this, Ill say so, I always do.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jcline View Post
    Limited to the first 160 guns!
    Will muzzle brakes be legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Duke View Post
    For a number of years we have held an informal Score shoot here in Utopia, TX using basically this format. We hold the shoot in mid January and hence call it the Freezer because you just do not know what the weather may offer. We shoot the 200 yard score target placed at 300 yards. The extra 100 yards will humble you.
    Our shoot started out as a .22 centerfire match but has morphed into a run what you brung match. We have no weight limit. After a number of years, no one has managed a 250 score. We have been close but never perfect.
    Since it is pretty informal, we do have a couple of interesting rules.
    1. You get one mulligan shot for the entire match.
    2. If anyone is getting too serious about the match, we refer them to the head jokester for an attitude adjustment.

Joe
    That's my idea of a fun match! I especially like the, 200 Yd. target at three hundred yards!RG

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Duke View Post
    Will muzzle brakes be legal?
    Yes sir they are. Can't ask the people that normally shoot with them (Long Range) to take them off for this match. The benches have plenty of spacing at Orangeburg, so I don't see it being an issue.

The applications are piling in daily, so don't procrastinate if you want to shoot this match. There are only 5-6 camper spots left!

Limited space left

There are ONLY 2 camping spots left with full hookups! I have some room to park motorhomes without sewer, water and power hookups if you would like. Please call to reserve the final few spots if you are planning on attending. Thanks JC

Need RV Site

Jim,
    Please Reserve and Campsite for Ridgeway...
    Thanks, John

Camping spots

We are down to one camping spot available with full hookups. If you are planning to attend please get your preregistration form in the mail. JC

Registration

We now have 2 gas guns registered! I received 17 applications today alone. Get you application in before the spots are all reserved.

This is a match I would love to make.

But itís a long way to the South Carolina. If we decided to make this trip, I would have to forsake both the NBRSA Score Nationals and the NBRSA Group Nationals.

Perhaps we could get a range such as Walker County in Huntsville Tx to hold a similar match.

It looks like a great format. And a real challenge.

Tack Driver

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    This is a match I would love to make.

But itís a long way to the South Carolina. If we decided to make this trip, I would have to forsake both the NBRSA Score Nationals and the NBRSA Group Nationals.

Perhaps we could get a range such as Walker County in Huntsville Tx to hold a similar match.

It looks like a great format. And a real challenge.
    Jackie,
    This will be a great match and I hope you can make it as well. I wouldn't want to see you have to miss two matches to make this one though. Just come win it and take the cash option money home with you! I already have 6-8 coming from TX as we speak. Hope to see you in November! JC

Cool Keep in mind

Quote Originally Posted by mike clayton View Post
    agree a 30br will be the gun to beat....just an opinion......
    cold we4ather for motor homes with water