Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voodoo Rifle Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by DEFTI RIMFIRE View Post
    Thanks Tim, your perspective is valued more than you know. I learned a long time ago, when a well dries up, you just have to dig another, that's how Vudoo came to be, as well as other things that many chose to bet against. I have no doubt how hard the nut can be, but learning how to properly deal with it is where the cool things come from.

Thanks again,
    MB
    Biggest impediment to learning new things is thinking there is nothing new to learn. Keep shaking the tree Mike. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dryfly24 View Post
    Biggest impediment to learning new things is thinking there is nothing new to learn. Keep shaking the tree Mike. . .
    Very true statement DF....

Thanks,
    MB

Smile voodoo actions

There is quite a stir over on snipers hide about these and being rimfire curious I try to keep up with new things. I've tried to find pics of the actions online but I'm only finding advertising photos. Nothing that shows anything about the internals or how things go together and work. That sounds overly simplified ,I know how they work I'm curious how yours works. I'm a follower of rimfire benchrest and always curious about new products. I'd like to see you put a benchrest barrel on there with a tuner and lets see what it will do .

Quote Originally Posted by scasa View Post
    There is quite a stir over on snipers hide about these and being rimfire curious I try to keep up with new things. I've tried to find pics of the actions online but I'm only finding advertising photos. Nothing that shows anything about the internals or how things go together and work. That sounds overly simplified ,I know how they work I'm curious how yours works. I'm a follower of rimfire benchrest and always curious about new products. I'd like to see you put a benchrest barrel on there with a tuner and lets see what it will do .
    I appreciate your interest and can answer any questions you may have. I enjoy Sniper's Hide because the readership there exhibits the same genuine curiosity you're displaying here, so ask whatever you'd like and I'll walk you through what the Vudoo is.

Thanks Scasa,
    MB

actions

What I'm most curious is are the receivers threaded for the barrel and the locking lugs, cocking cams, sear arrangement ,primary extraction and so on . I make some rimfire actions and I like to see what others are doing. I'm pretty much set on what I like to build with the exception of having a front locking lug .22 maybe someday I'll figure it out. If you have some pictures I'd sure like to see them. I also wonder on why you chose a cut rifled barrel. I guess that's a question.

Thanks Les

Sounds pretty cool, how about posting a couple images of your actions. Love to see'em.
    There are plenty of images around showing their actions, bolt, lugs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by scasa View Post
    What I'm most curious is are the receivers threaded for the barrel and the locking lugs, cocking cams, sear arrangement ,primary extraction and so on . I make some rimfire actions and I like to see what others are doing. I'm pretty much set on what I like to build with the exception of having a front locking lug .22 maybe someday I'll figure it out. If you have some pictures I'd sure like to see them. I also wonder on why you chose a cut rifled barrel. I guess that's a question.

Thanks Les
    Yessir, the receiver is threaded, the major is 1.062 and it's a true mid-lock. There are no lug ways forward of the locking abutments in the receiver. The 40X and true clones of the 40X all have lug ways forward of the locking abutments. The V-22 and variants of the V-22 such as the BR/F-Class actions, are not 40X clones. I'll post pics of various parts later tomorrow.

Just a couple reasons for using cut rifled barrels is they're more precise than button barrels and there's no stress induced by the cut rifling process. But, of the many reasons for choosing them, I have to say the biggest reason is many believe they won't perform as a rimfire barrel. I don't subscribe to this belief....

MB

Quote Originally Posted by DEFTI RIMFIRE View Post
    Yessir, the receiver is threaded, the major is 1.062 and it's a true mid-lock. There are no lug ways forward of the locking abutments in the receiver. The 40X and true clones of the 40X all have lug ways forward of the locking abutments. The V-22 and variants of the V-22 such as the BR/F-Class actions, are not 40X clones. I'll post pics of various parts later tomorrow.

Just a couple reasons for using cut rifled barrels is they're more precise than button barrels and there's no stress induced by the cut rifling process. But, of the many reasons for choosing them, I have to say the biggest reason is many believe they won't perform as a rimfire barrel. I don't subscribe to this belief....

MB
    Please permit me to ask two questions. Are your extractor/ejector located at 180 degrees and do either of them contact the the case while at battery?

TKH

Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    Please permit me to ask two questions. Are your extractor/ejector located at 180 degrees and do either of them contact the the case while at battery?

TKH
    The extractors in the repeaters are 180 degrees apart and neither contact the case head while the bolt is closed. The extractor timing is such that, as the bolt is cammed closed, the extractors let go of the case head. As the bolt is opened, the timing dictates the extractors re-grip the case head.

MB