Thread: Voodoo Rifle Accuracy

Voodoo Rifle Accuracy

Anybody here know anything about them? Iím considering one not for Benchrest, but for some of the new tactical long range rimfire matches that are growing so quickly lately. I know when it comes down to rimfire accuracy, you guys are the experts so I thought Iíd ask here if anyone knew anything about these guns and what they are truly capable of?

To my way of thinking, if Im patient, I could find a proven Benchrest rifle and fit it to a tactical style stock for around the price of one of these and know I have a rifle that can really shoot.

I havenít really been able to find any real information on what the Voodooís are capable of, other than from most folks saying they shoot ďgreatĒ whatever that means. Lots of time they are saying they shoot ďgreatĒ then you find out they are using bottom shelf or bulk Ammo. Which makes me very suspicious about the accuracy claims. Some of the targets Iíve seen posted really werenít that impressive. But again, this the internet so Iím trying to do my due diligence to the best of my ability before deciding on anything. It would be nice to buy a rifle thatís ready to go from day one.

Basically what Iím getting at is that they look like very nice, well made rifles, and the net parrots propagate the accuracy claims, but Iím not quite sure how well they actually perform. If they are capable of repeatable .25Ē - .30Ē groups under good conditions with top shelf ammo Iím in. If not Iíll just try to put one together myself.

Again, I apologize as I know this is a Benchrest site and this isnít really a Benchrest related question but you guys are the accuracy pros so Iím hoping someone knows something about them and can help with my questions.

Seen one shot it.

For your purpose should do well. Like the way clip works.
    Only shot it three times, small group at 50 yds (bullets touching) good conditions.
    Time not available at time to shoot enough. Bolt worked good, looks like a 40 X clone, well made.

Check out Snipers Hide

The Snipers Hide website has an extensive Vudoo section in the Rimfire forum. Like all .22's getting a good barrel is 90 percent of the pie then finding the ammo that matches it. While I wouldn't use one as the basis for a BR gun they seem an ideal platform for the action style matches, plenty of stock and trigger choices and the large magazine format.

There's also the new Zermatt action that's suppose to be coming out that is very similar.

Dennis

Mike Bush, who developed the Vudoo Action, posts frequently on Rimfire Central under the name RAVAGE.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=978057

Vudoo is launching a Benchrest Action soon.

I own a Vudoo with their Ace Barrel in a J Allen Chassis. It is very accurate with Lapua Center-X and Eley Match. It will shoot 2000 on an ARA Target.

Thank you guys. Much appreciated. I can definitely see one of these in my safe. They are supposed to have stellar customer service support and the crew has a reputation for being very nice guys which goes a very long way with me. Iím gonna give them a call directly...

As stated you can find Mike Bush on forums, I have had conversations with him and he is certainly a sharp guy that seems to try and test everything as well as coming up with some pretty innovative solutions regarding rifle accuracy. They turn out a quality product and regarding your intended purpose, IMHO, You'd be hard pressed to do better.
    They are doing some benchrest development work as well and should prove interesting if they can enter a tough market with some new products....stay tuned.

Itís ainít no hype, I own one and it hangs with my Panda 6ppc in terms of accuracy with moderately quality ammo. Iím gonna invest in bot lapua and eley lit testing in the next few months but my Vudoo will shoot .2-.3 at 50 all day long with SK ammo it will shoot the flat nosed match .1 at 50 I havenít been too focused on 100 yards yet but have shot about 20 or so groups and everything I have shot is 1 inch or better with a few in the .7 range keep in mind itís still new to me and I have only shot SK, some CCI, and Fiochi and a few boxes of gold medal match feeding and mags are nothing short of perfection. All my shooting is off a bipod as well so no one piece rest or anything which Iím sure will do better.

I bought a complete rifle with optics and out of the box it was perfect.